API - Remove from List or Tag

KCRAR
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

What is the best way to remove a contact or group of contacts from a List or Tag? I don't see anything mentioned in the documentation for that. 

We have an external Click Dimensions opt in list we use, so I need to build calls over to Constant Contact and add or remove from Lists or Tags as needed. Would using the opt_out_date and the List or Tag ID in conjunction with the "Put (Update) a Contact" endpoint work?  Would that result in an opt out for that list? 

2 REPLIES 2
KCRAR
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

As soon as I posted this, I found my answer. I just didn't read far enough in. Maybe this will help others but we can close this one! 

"It’s a good practice in maintaining lists to remove stale contacts from lists in order to improve campaign open rates and to avoid list compliance reviews due to too many bounces. Use the /activities/remove_list_memberships endpoint to remove large numbers of contacts from one or more existing lists."

Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello KCRAR,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue!

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.