cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Allow filtering the events list by start date

Occasional Advisor

Allow filtering the events list by start date

We are frequently needing to get a list of events to process in our application, and the users only care about future events or events that completed recently.  The API requires that we download a growing list of 300+ events from 2010 on in order to get the 10-20 events the users want to work with.  Can an optional filter be added to the get-events API method to limit the list to events with start dates later than a specified date?

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Allow filtering the events list by start date

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion for how to improve this endpoint in the events collection. In this case adding this feature would involve some work from our API team and from our EventSpot team. We will be working with the EventSpot team to look into this feature request and make sure that we can prioritize it along with other improvements and features for EventSpot.

If you have any additional feedback or wish to add anything, please feel free to reply here!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Any updates? We're finding the repeated download of all events to be a significant hindrance to performance.

Honored Contributor

Hello,

After looking into this in depth this week, it looks like some of the prerequisites to being able to implement this have been completed. I will be working with the team here to see if we can implement this, and what the timeline would look like for that.

I can't yet give a timeline for when it will be done, but I am hopeful that we could have this soon.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer