cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bea M: The reference number is 10859386

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Bea M: The reference number is 10859386

Waiting on status update to have emails NOT be BCCd when sending a test.  Jeremy said he would have an answer for us on February 7th when he called.  "Had a call a few minutes ago from Jeremy / Constant Contact in follow up to the inquiry we made regarding test blasts sent to email addresses that are now sent ‘bcc’.  They have put in a request to change that back for us and should be resolved shortly."

We have been unable to get an answer from anyone:

Bea M,

Brittiny Hamilton

Richard Wendling

It's now March 17th.

I recommend the Sale Dept look at all the ACG Chapters that use CC.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Bea M: The reference number is 10859386

First off, really sorry for the frustrating and confusing experience you've had.  While this topic is not related to the Constant Contact API (which these support forums are for), I did look up your incident number and researched the problem.  So, below is the best answer I can give to you at this time.

Recently, about 2+ months ago, we did a release of new functionality to support our customers.  This new feature, email journaling for the financial and insurance industries, was highly requested by our customers in those verticals and has been received very well by them.  As part of this change, we had to change the way we sent test/preview sends of email campaigns.

This change definitely is the cause of the issues you're seeing.  Unfortunately, there is no way to go back from this for a specific account. I've passed your feedback on to the Product Management team that manages this product.  They are actively tracking customer feedback from this change and these new features and, if feedback indicates we should adjust this, we will look at alternative methods for getting multiple people on a "To" line again. 

As a point of clarification, we are not using BCC techniques to send these emails.  We now use the same technology to send preview/test send emails as we do the full sends to an email list in our product.  That is, if you ask us to send a preview to 3 people, we create 3 individual emails and send each one to just a single person. 

I am really sorry that you had an incorrect expectation set on your call, however this is not something we can change for your account or any other account.  If this is going to change in the future, it would certainly require us to design a new feature.  As some additional research, I'd like to clarify that the problem you're running into is that you are looking to get collaborative feedback on how an email campaign looks prior to sending it and the way you accomplished this previously was to use reply all feature in your email client?  Would an alternative system that allowed for iterative feedback, such as a webpage with comment tracking or some other collaborative feature accomplish the task as well or does it have to be reply all in your case?

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

Wel, it's unfortunate that we are just now learning this will not be addressed. ACG has 56 chapters, and the majority use Constant Contact, and it's too bad the head of your Sales Dept didn't run a report of the business you will lose by the change you made to the email test feature. 

Occasional Contributor

That is correct.  Now those who need to review the emails can't see that everyone else is on it - we're constantly being asked who it was sent to.  If we forward, many times the dynamic of the email test changes, due to Outlook.  I don't see how it's a "new feature that is required" as this is how CC was set up for YEARS.  It's just recently been changed and Jeremy advised that he could change it back to the way it was for us.  Are you saying he lied to us?

The change that went in early 2014 is a permanent change for all customers, this is not something that can be switched on or off.  I understand that previously it functioned differently and we are monitoring feedback of people who are looking to have that functionality back.  While I am not familiar with Jeremy in our support staff, I'm sure his intention was to find a solution for you that could allow you to accomplish what you wanted to.  Unfortunately, there is no way to do that today and there is no way to switch it back for a single customers. 

Dave Berard
Occasional Participant

Jeremy indicatd he was a supervisor and that he was in touch with the developers.  And it's not just one (individual customer) ACG account.  It's EVERY chapter of the 56 that use Constant Contact. So there are many of us.

Occasional Participant

Instead of all this back-and-forth, please have your supervisor, David, contact us:  jmaude@acg.org.  Thank you.

Will have someone reach out to you this morning.  My supervisor is not the right person as both myself and him have no impact on this product or decision (my product, as previously mentioned, is our API and 3rd party integration products). 

However, I am having our Tier 3 support team reach out to you.  They handle all customer feedback on product enhancements, defects and change requests.  They are the team that is tracking this topic and will be reaching out to you soon to talk with you about it. 

Dave Berard