cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Email Templates that use External Data

Established Member

Custom Email Templates that use External Data

We are looking for a solution that will allow us to populate external data form our in-house CMS into email templates though some sort of tags without having to go into the Constant Contact dashbaord. Through these tags the email content such as text, links, images, and video links would be pulled into email campaigns. Is this possible with Constant Contact or is anyone doing something similar?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Custom Email Templates that use External Data

Hello,

Constant Contact does provide the ability to merge information into an email, as long as that information is associated with a contact to whom the email will be delivered. This would allow you to pull in data from a contact record that can be used to create a dynamic link that is able to be changed. We also do support the use of custom for contacts which can be used to store data like this.

It is important to note that the only means of merging information into a campaign at send-time is currently to contact fields as the source for that information. This does necessitate updating your contacts any time you wish to merge new data so that it is possible to use this new data in an email campaign.

If there is any more information that I can provide or if I can clarify anything, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer