The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Listing Campaigns

Highlighted
Visitor

Listing Campaigns

I believe many users would find it useful to have the  campaign type element returned when requesting a campaign list. In my application,  I present the user with a list of campaigns allowing them to select one and edit it. I would think this is something typical of many applications using the api. As we all know you cannot edit a stock campaign and to obtain that piece of data by joining it with a request for campaign details prior to presenting a list is extremely inefficient.  I'd be interested in your thoughts on this and thanks for considering it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Listing Campaigns

Hello,

When you pull a campaigns detail it does display the campaign type in the EmailContentFormat node.  I assume though that you are requesting that this also be added to the details pulled when pulling the entire lists of campaigns.  I do agree that this would be a very helpful feature, and I am going to submit this request to our engineers to review.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Listing Campaigns

That's exactly right Benjamin.  I don't want to sound greedy, but I think what also many api users would find useful is to have the campaign statistics like sent, opens, bounces, etc returned in a campaign list request, to be able to immediately present that info to users with out making another request.

Thanks for considering. 

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured