Listing Campaigns

PhilipR1
Participant

Listing Campaigns

I believe many users would find it useful to have the  campaign type element returned when requesting a campaign list. In my application,  I present the user with a list of campaigns allowing them to select one and edit it. I would think this is something typical of many applications using the api. As we all know you cannot edit a stock campaign and to obtain that piece of data by joining it with a request for campaign details prior to presenting a list is extremely inefficient.  I'd be interested in your thoughts on this and thanks for considering it. 

2 REPLIES 2
bsoder
Employee

Hello,

When you pull a campaigns detail it does display the campaign type in the EmailContentFormat node.  I assume though that you are requesting that this also be added to the details pulled when pulling the entire lists of campaigns.  I do agree that this would be a very helpful feature, and I am going to submit this request to our engineers to review.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact

That's exactly right Benjamin.  I don't want to sound greedy, but I think what also many api users would find useful is to have the campaign statistics like sent, opens, bounces, etc returned in a campaign list request, to be able to immediately present that info to users with out making another request.

Thanks for considering. 

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page