Visitor
PhilipR1

Listing Campaigns

I believe many users would find it useful to have the  campaign type element returned when requesting a campaign list. In my application,  I present the user with a list of campaigns allowing them to select one and edit it. I would think this is something typical of many applications using the api. As we all know you cannot edit a stock campaign and to obtain that piece of data by joining it with a request for campaign details prior to presenting a list is extremely inefficient.  I'd be interested in your thoughts on this and thanks for considering it. 

CTCT Employee
bsoder

Re: Listing Campaigns

Hello,

When you pull a campaigns detail it does display the campaign type in the EmailContentFormat node.  I assume though that you are requesting that this also be added to the details pulled when pulling the entire lists of campaigns.  I do agree that this would be a very helpful feature, and I am going to submit this request to our engineers to review.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Visitor
PhilipR1

Re: Listing Campaigns

That's exactly right Benjamin.  I don't want to sound greedy, but I think what also many api users would find useful is to have the campaign statistics like sent, opens, bounces, etc returned in a campaign list request, to be able to immediately present that info to users with out making another request.

Thanks for considering.