Regular Visitor
GauravS7

Survey Response APIs

Hi 

I have a requirement to integrate Constant Contact Surveys with a 3rd party software.

As I know, Constant Contact doesn't have any APIs for Survey. 

I had a couple of queries: 

1. Are you planning to role out this feature soon? 

2. Can an outside developer build an API for Surveys within Constant Contact? This will require a collaboration with the Constant Contact App, DB, and Infrastructure team. If yes, Can you route me to the right person?

Please advice. 

Thanks

Gaurav Sahai

DaveBerard
Topics: 7
Kudos: 61
Solutions: 59

Re: Survey Response APIs

We do not have any plans in the immediate future to add Survey API features to the AppConnect API platform.  We have received this request in the past and it is something we have in our development backlog.  As of now though, there are other API development features which are higher priority.

If we do release Survey API features in the future, we will make sure to send out updates on this through our Developer Newsletter. 

We do not offer any direct access to our infrastructure, databases and underlying software architecture to any 3rd party developers. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Regular Visitor
GauravS7

Thank you Dave. 

Visitor
JenniferT558

Really?  This seems so odd.  We want to send out emails via CC to confirm attendance for our events -- the attendance is a CC survey and WE CAN'T GET THE RESULTS of the survey via the API?

DaveBerard

While we do not expose access to the Survey product through the API, we do expose access to our Event Marketing product through the API.  If you use the Event Marketing product for your registration system, you'd be able to get the full results of the registration, as well as any additional data you'd like to collect, through the API for any external use. 

Dave Berard
Occasional Visitor
AnaJ0

I depend on CC for email marketing, because your application is more flexible and does email marketing better than any CRM I've worked with. 

I would love to use CC for support follow-up surveys as well, but it's only going to be useful if I can integrate it back into my CRM. We don't have the discipline to manually create a survey each time, and it's pointless if the data is not collected and fed into a reporting engine.

I submit to you that the lack of an API for Survey is probably costing you customers to Surveymonkey and Clicktools. 

Valued Developer
Cazoomi

Join My Mailing List

Dave, is this planned for 2014 or 2015 at all in V2 API?

~Clint
@cazoomi
DaveBerard

Hey Clint, no dates available now.  We're in the early stages of some big updates for survey now.  Those will include an all new service based architecture, new features and api access.  In planning now, very hard to share any dates.  I am very hopeful that we'll have something before the end of 2014 though.

Dave Berard
Valued Developer
Cazoomi

Join My Mailing List

Thanks Dave and tons of demand in our subscriber base for sure.  Will follow this thread for updates.  TGIF:)

~Clint
@cazoomi