adamurbanski

custom sign up form (api) problems

I'm trying to use the custom sign up form follow your API process, and I'm getting an error message.I download your files, unzip them, and upload them to my site so I end up with this: http://mydomainname.com/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/

Note: Obviously I use my website, but for privacy I used the "mydomainname.com" here. Now, when I go to that link, here is what I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/mmi/public_html/CCSFG_0.0.6/setup/header.php on line 1

Please HELP! What do I need to correct to get to the custom sign-up form builder?! 

Adam

CTCT Employee
bsoder

Error in CCSFG

Hello,

The issue you are having might be caused by the way that you are uploading the file to your site. Try uploading the file in Binary instead of Auto in your FTP client that you are using to upload to your site. If this does not fix the problem, please email the entire CCSFG you are using to the Webservices Support team.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
adamurbanski

It worked!

Wow! This was easy! Thanks for your quick response! 

Adam

Occasional Contributor
RonJ

Re: Error in CCSFG

can you help me with my problem? I created a custom add contact api based on the one that CC has, just changed the state and country functions to my own.

but when i tried to add a new contact, the error below appears.

please help.. thanks

Notice: Undefined index: state_name in C:\wamp\www\cc_class.php on line 517 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location
10.0007797320{main}( )..\subscribe.php:0
21.45061455760CC_Contact->createContactXML( )..\subscribe.php:179
( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: country_code in C:\wamp\www\cc_class.php on line 518 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location
( ! ) Notice: Undefined index: zip_code in C:\wamp\www\cc_class.php on line 519 Call Stack # Time Memory Function Location
Nick_G
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 9

Re: Error in CCSFG

Hi Ron,

WAMP can be very strict on what errors it will return. The two steps I suggest to follow while using WAMP are enabling the PHP extension php_curl and unchecking the PHP setting "display errors". This will remove all error reporting from the PHP script however, but there are certain errors that WAMP will display that production servers will not worry about.

When I'm running in a WAMP environment, I usually only enable errors if something isn't functioning correctly.

Hope this helps!

Nick Galbraith
Support Engineer