cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settings api (specifically to change language)

Occasional Participant

settings api (specifically to change language)

I am disappointed to learn that constant contact does not support sending emails in a language different from the language selected in settings. It would be preferable to use the contacts preferred language to determine what language to put in the footer etc.

I would like to see a language option added to the contacts with the ability to use that to determine the footer language.

In the meantime is there maybe an undocumented api to change my language preference? we don't use the CC wizard for sending emails, I have used your api to integrate our proprietary mailing utility which does support multiple languages. I have separated our contacts into separate lists based on language, but still seem to have no way to change our language preference.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

language compatibility

Hello,

At this time there is no way to change the language setting in the API. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but I will definitely relay this request to our engineers and let them know that this is an important feature that you would like to see.

Regards,

Benjamin Soder
NOC Analyst
Constant Contact
Occasional Participant

thank you. is there a site

thank you. is there a site or someplace wehere developers can see any additions/changes to the api so I can get notified if/when that is added?

CTCT Employee

Re: thank you. is there a site

We post changes to our API on this developer site, but you can also subscribe to our newsletter and receive an email update of any of these changes. There is a sign-up form on the main page of this developer site, http://developer.constantcontact.com/DWSHome.

David J