Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Multi-factor authentication for accounts

When are you going to bring in 2 factor authentication. I think you should as its quite important!!!

19 Comments
Rob_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @PAULH30,

Thank you for your feedback. This is an excellent idea. I'm going to take this back to our design team. I'm also going to open this page for voting so that other customers can voice their feedback too.

Thanks!

Rob L.

Sanjeev101
Rookie

We are having the same issue. Since Constant Contact does not offer 2 Factor do you recommend a workaround including a third party vendor?

MarkW8669
Rookie

Over the last week, I've seen multiple phishing attacks using what appear to be compromised Constant Contact accounts.  It's possible accounts have been compromised through password spraying or using credentials that have been obtained from other breaches (password reuse).

Since Constant Contact is considered a trusted platform, phishing emails may bypass some of the usual controls.

While 2FA isn't a panacea, it prevents accounts from being easily compromised using the methods I mentioned above.

JulieY
Rookie

2FA at a minimum. We would love to use SAML authentication so we can integrate with our identity management provider and their 2fa options/policies.

MarkW8669
Rookie

I agree, having the option to use SAML would help with access management.  Having the option to require SAML would be a plus.

BigTenCRC
Rookie

Hi -- it's been almost a year since this thread was opened. Does Constant Contact offer an option yet for 2FA?

ReggieW93
Rookie

I would like to suggest that two-factor authentication support be added to your product.  Our account was recently hacked and an embarrassing was sent out.  

We need to secure our environment beyond username and password.

Any updates on two-factor? This has become a deal breaker for us, but we'd rather not go through the work of switching providers.

WilliamB4370
Rookie
It would be a very neat feature if we could have 2 factor authentication for logging in.
PeterD18977
Campaign Contributor

2FA should be implemented as soon as possible. As one of the larger email marketing providers and therefore a target, this must be a priority for constant contact. We will be forced to move to a different company if its not brought in soon, our customer list is too valuable. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More