Adding a new user

0 Votes

Adding a new user

I keep getting a "error adding user ______________" message but no indication of why I can't add her!
11 Comments
Visitor
Error message "error adding user..." but it does not show what/where the error is. I have no way of knowing which field I need to change. Consider including what needs to be changed in the error message or highlight that field (or multiple fields) that need to be changed.
Visitor
"Error adding user: xxxx is already taken. Please choose another username. " My first error message told me there was an error adding this user - since I didn't know what was causing the error, I decided to change the password - assuming it might be too short. When I hit the above error message popped up. Something is not right here - either the first error message was erroneous or the 2nd one is. I don't know if the new user was actually added now or not.
Regular Visitor
I could not add my son as a user. I emailed cc saying I had an 'error, although it did not state specifically what the error was. I RECEIVED AN EMAIL SAYING CALL YOU. WELL 45 MINUTES LATER THE REP AFTER BEING ON HOLD TWICE INFORMED ME THAT PASSWORDS NOW NEED A SYMBOL AND UPPER CASE. YOUR STEPS TO ADD A USER DO NOT MENTION THIS
Regular Visitor
I'm repeatedly receiving and error message when I try to add new users. It won't tell me why, or what to do to fix the problem.
No other information is provided. Trying to add user and get error message.
Occasional Visitor
Please fix your add user page, it has been broken for a couple of months.
Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @BobbieP23

Sorry to hear this happened-- it sounds like the username might already be in use. Can you try using a different name to see if you get the same error?

All Star
Does not help with figuring out why
Status changed to: Closed - No Action