cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Automated Notification when billing is to increase due to contact size

Automated Notification when billing is to increase due to contact size

You should set up automated notification by email or phone when billing is due to increase due to number of contacts expanding. This would make sure your clients are not being billed for contact lists that are not in use every month. We would be able to manage and upload them on months where required only.

8 Comments
Status changed to: Voting Open

Awesome idea, I can see how this would help a lot of concerned users with limited budgets! Do you think a popup when you uploaded contacts that hit the limit would be effective or would you rather see an email? Do you think having the price included would be of any value?

Visitor

When adding more contacts will cause a plan level change and increased billing, present the user with a warning message that they must accept. I inadvertently went above 500 contacts while on the basic plan. There was no warning message to indicate I would incur an additional charge. This is problematic because I work for a non-profit and am on a prepaid annual plan. if you need any more details.

Visitor

I just saw this suggestion after I submitted the same item today. At least a warning message should be presented to the user when the number of contacts will cause a price increase.

I imported 504 and now have an extra bill. A support rep suggested I delete the bounced emails which will bring me down below 500, but then I will also need to call Cust Sppt again to request a credit for the additional billing. 

As a non-profit on a fixed budget, it's difficult to get expense surprises and is very time consuming to pursue a resolution. 

Occasional Visitor

I think it is dishonest for your company to automatically re-bill someone for another year without any prior notification.  THEN on top of it - not allow someone to cancel (even if it is caught in that same month) saying that no refunds are given.  To me - that is dishonest.  If you think your product is great you should be willing to allow people the choice to continue using or not.  I have been with CC for over 6 years and find the way this was handled unacceptable.

Visitor

The fact that my package and therefore price increased without notice when I added more than 500 contacts is a terrible business practice. You should notify the user before they go over their limit, not just charge them for the higher package with no notice. This is very frustrating and impossible to budget for if there is no notice given. 

Visitor
I am extremely disappointing with your service. We pay yearly and now I can't use the service because you never sent a bill or email bill. We mailed a check on Tuesday but the clown I spoke to says there is nothing that can be done to release the account. Why was I not sent a BILL? The clown is spoke to says it is self monitoring so I should know when the bill is due. I will be looking for a new company to do business with. You send out lots of emails about everything but not a bill. Not very happy. John Luther Secretary MBCIA
All Star

When uploading a new list it would be nice if you would get a warning letting you know that you will go over your contact limit if uploaded. I accidentally uploaded a new list of contacts without deleting the old and now it has taken me over the limit and started charging me extra with no warning. 

Occasional Visitor

I too went over the limit, at 502 contacts, and was billed for the next level without being notified of the impending increase.  This really sucks - this is the reason I normally don't sign up for subscription auto-pay but did not have an option with Constant Contact when I signed up.  It's the weekend so I will contact support on Monday to see if I can get credit now that I've reduced my contacts to under 500.  If not, I'm going to cancel the service.