cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel online!

Cancel online!

Hi Constant contact. We've used you off and on now for a while. A few months ago I kept getting calls from you to sign up and now we are saddled with a $40 per month fee for a service we rarely use. As a small business owner I don't respect that. I also think its pretty awful to not include a means to cancel online but rather make customers call you. A former customer,

176 Comments
Regular Visitor

Couldn't agree more. Constant Contact will keep "apologizing" knowing that not providing easy access to canceling will result in another month of revenue on average from leaving customers. I think the only way to fix this is a lawsuit.

I need to cancel my account.  Please cancel and confirm via email.

thanks

Visitor

Its seems ludricrus and somewhat fradulent that the nly way a Constant Contact account can be cancelled is by phone. I cancelled by email a year ago but rather than cancel, my account was put on suspension and I have been paying $10 a month. 

Judging from the amount of people above whom have the same problem, Constant Constant, do you think that this is still the right approach?

Occasional Visitor

I am writing as I would like to cancel my account asap.  I should never have signed up for it - was persuaded that it was critical for my business.  I have now been on hold for 25 minutes to speak with someone.  Why can we not cancel online?

Occasional Visitor

I'm frustrated too. I have stopped using Constant Contact becaya the start up instructions are difficult to understand and I get better service for free from Mail Chimp. I thought I did not need to cancel because my credit card has been changed, but the charge went through anyway. I have asked the credit card people to dispute the charge. Especially since I have to wait until the end of the July 4th weekend to make a call I shouldn't have to make. A constant Contact employee was very attentive to me when persuading me to sign up, but once I was signed up, not so much. So, unless i get the last two months charges removed, I will make my displeasure with Constant Contact well known to a considerable number of people and urge themn to use another service.

Do not used this service!  It takes forever on hold to be able to cancel your account.  This is an absolute sales ploy and a nightmare to deal with.  Its amazing how quickly someone got on the phone when they were trying to sell me.

Occasional Visitor

I totally agree.  Finally cancelled my account, but what a lot of work it was - still watching my cc statements to make sure that charges DO NOT appear.

What is the number to cancel from Australia, this is very difficult as time zone dont match,

Why will you not set up an email or online function to cancel

Regards

Bruce Konings brucekonings@gmail.com

YES! Echoing what JuanPabloG2, GeriCo, Allison N535, Searchrsa, George P115, have all said! This is insanely frustrating and after entering the 21st century (and 3 years after the comments referred to above), Constant Contact has YET to update its policies based on customer feedback. I was once a personal CC promoter back when it first appeared in 2006... now, I know otherwise. Their templates are exactly the same from 2006, and yet it's 2017 and same stuff, different day. Plus, a website/program that is not user-friendly in the least. 

This concerns me on multiple levels. Not only are they not taking customer feedback into account, they seemingly are going out of their way to try and peel $20-40 out of you per month, which can basically be accessed for free via MailChimp (at https://mailchimp.com/).

Completely humbled and disappointed in the amount I've lost over the past 2+ years with my personal "account". Make your site user-friendly and in line with 2017 standards! Anything less is a ripoff. 

@JuanPabloG2 wrote:

Hi Constant contact. We've used you off and on now for a while. A few months ago I kept getting calls from you to sign up and now we are saddled with a $40 per month fee for a service we rarely use. As a small business owner I don't respect that. I also think its pretty awful to not include a means to cancel online but rather make customers call you. A former customer,

@JuanPabloG2 wrote:

9/6/2017

Years after these original complaints, you still have to sit on the phone for over 1/2 an hour and wait for someone to cancel your account. Horrible. How about a "remove payment method" button? Then you can call ME and try to sell it back?