cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel online

Cancel online

I am frustrated that I can't simply cancel my account online. You can easily take our payments and change payments but you make it difficult to cancel our account; I have to contact during business hours and you don't have customer support during the weekends?! This makes me not want to use constant contact in the future.

28 Comments
How do you cancel a subscription?
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hello @EmileeW2,

To cancel your account you just need to give a call in to our Billing team and they can assist you! Their direct number can be found here: https://community.constantcontact.com/contact-support

Occasional Visitor

Your hold time is in excess of 30 minutes and I want to cancel my membership with you!  You make this too difficult by not letting your clients do this online!

Absolutely insane that you cannot cancel your account online. I've been on hold for over 10 minutes and counting now to do something that should take less than 3 minutes to accomplish on my own. After having been a customer for several years, it definitely inspires me to tell others not to do business with your organization.

Occasional Visitor
you all need to include a delete / can cancel account option from the settings menu. This is completely unacceptable. I seriously don't have for a 15 minute phone call, just to cancel a trial account. I guess it will just sit here not being used.

Hi @LeviA0 thank you for sharing your feedback on our cancellation process. I apologize for any inconvenience this process may cause! You are correct, we do ask that users call into our Billing Department to take this action on their accounts. These calls only last a few minutes but allow us to maintain your account security and collect valuable feedback. With that being said, I have taken a look at your account and can see it is an expired trial account. Because of this you do not have to take any further actions to cancel, it is no longer active.

Occasional Visitor
I am extremely upset about the difficulty of cancelling my account. No one would ever answer the phone and there is no way to cancel online. This is unacceptable and make your service one of the poorest I had to use.
I'm trying to cancel my account, and I've been on hold for almost 15 minutes. That's not great customer service!! It would be convenient to have that option on the website!!
Frequent Visitor
Having to call in to cancel my account is a ridiculous requirement.
I was tricked into joining this by virtue of conference registration and find it difficult to cancel my account. very annoying
I went through every menu that I could, and there was no way for me to cancel my subscription through the website. The only thing that I can find is that I have to call to cancel. This is very inconvenient, and it would be nice if that option was offered.
Occasional Visitor
PLEASE DONT' MAKE IT SO DIFFICULT TO CANCEL. I SPENT 20 MINUTES TRYING TO FIND THE CANCEL BUTTON BUT THERE ISN'T ONE. I AM 1 PERSON RUNNING A BUSINESS AND HAVE LITTLE TIME TO SPARE. YOU CONTINUE TO BILL US EACH MONTH AND WE HAVEN'T USED ANY OF YOUR SERVICES. DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE CUSTOMER SPEND THIS MUCH EFFORT TO CANCEL? IT MAY BE ONLY 20/ MONTH BUT IF WE AREN'T USING THE SERVICE WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO INCONVENIENCE YOUR CUSTOMER.
All Star
you make it too **bleep** hard to cancel. jerks.
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Bad business practice not allowing us to cancel online.  Makes my decision to cancel even more so.

Hello, I would really like a way to cancel my account online without having to call anyone. Thank you for your time!
Make it easier to cancel accounts!!!! You look shady when it is hard. Nice job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
account page lacks DELETE ACCOUNT function
Your cancellation process is **bleep**ty and takes too much time. Just make a button to unsubscribe instead. The current procedure is time consuming and abusive
The fact that you make it so difficult to cancel your account, having to call and wait on hold for a long time, and talk to someone who is pushy about not doing it, is insane. Especially while there are a plethora of other services that are both more modern, easier to use and free. I canceled my account because my business no longer exists. However, if I am to start another in the future, and need email services, etc, I would no come back to Constant Contact for these reasons, where as if it were easier to use, change or cancel the account or vastly more modern than competitors, I would have considered returning or suspending rather than canceling.
It is not easy to find a cancel subscription button
Should be able to cancel online. Garbage that you can't
I wish to cancel my account and your system is incredibly frustrating. I trialed 5 email marketing platforms this month and yours is by far the most difficult to cancel out of. All the other systems allow this to be done via their account admin pages but you seem to require an international phone call - which I am reluctant to pay for. Up to this point I was reasonably impressed with your system but I doubt I shall be recommending it now due to the difficult extraction process.
Annoying that you force customers to call to cancel. Will not be back as a result.
The fact that I have to call you to cancel my subscription is **bleep**ed up and wrong. Make it so I can do it online, assholes.
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to cancel an account and you funnel everything (chat, email, etc.) to calling you which then I have to wait on the phone for (at this time) upwards of 30 minutes. I'm aware the likelihood of you changing is unlikely, but your customer service channels are a nightmare to deal with.

You should not have to call in to terminate an account. It is a sleazy marketing ploy.
Frequent Visitor
why is it so difficult for me to find out how to put a hold on my account or cancel until i resubscribe in April? i have go to "ed" in upper right corner and impossible to find under account.... that would make sense. thank you Peggy