The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Cancel online

I am frustrated that I can't simply cancel my account online. You can easily take our payments and change payments but you make it difficult to cancel our account; I have to contact during business hours and you don't have customer support during the weekends?! This makes me not want to use constant contact in the future.

144 Comments

Agree with all this. not having a cancel button is dodgy as hell.

Occasional Visitor
I don't see an easy option to cancel or close an account.

HI - Report this to your credit card company as fraud. I'd love to have a pleasant chat or email conversation with CC about this, but since they won't allow that, I'll take it up a level. My time is worth FAR more than anyone at CC's time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been facing the same challenge. How do we cancel??

Occasional Visitor

Yes, this is something that makes me want to go with a competitor. CC, you are making it hard to cancel on purpose and it makes you really unlikeable.

Occasional Visitor
Cancelation process is too complicated! This is an online service and I should be able to cancel it much easier than this! We operate in a different timezone and it is really hard to call just to cancel my account!!!!
I need to cancel this and do not see a way to do it online.

Write to their twitter address and tell them you won’t call and they need to contact you to cancel.  They will send you their email address to cancel. 

Occasional Visitor

Yikes! I just started their services. I wish I had done more research. I wish I had known this before hand.

Not only do they want us to call to cancel - they aren't even honoring the hours stated on the website. They are now closing at 8pm eastern instead of 10pm. Not cool if you live further west.  This is infuriating.

Regular Visitor

Very Bad service, They do not allow to send emails and not even deactivate the account. Tried calling on the provided numbers, nobody responds.

Regular Visitor
我在中国,注册了网站的账户,注册后发现在中国服务很慢,计划不用了。但是网站上没有取消的操作,联系工作人员也联系不上。现在每个月扣我20美金,让人很愤怒。我们邮箱是:2355676702@qq.com,希望网站尽快联系我,帮我取消账户。 我在中国,注册了网站的账户,注册后发现在中国服务很慢,计划不用了。但是网站上没有取消的操作,联系工作人员也联系不上。现在每个月扣我20美金,让人很愤怒。我们邮箱是:2355676702@qq.com,希望网站尽快联系我,帮我取消账户。 I am in China, registered the account of the website, after registering, I found that the service in China is very slow, so the plan is not used. But there is no cancelled operation on the website, and the staff can not be contacted. Now it's outrageous to deduct $20 a month. Our email is: 2355676702@qq.com , hope the website can contact me as soon as possible to cancel my account.
I couldn’t find ANYWHERE on your website an option to cable my subscription. Can you please help me?
How do I unsubscribe? And why is that so difficult?
Health Practitioners & Centers
Please please please cancel my account - KeithRN@gmail.com I cannot wait endless amounts of time on the phone. Can we just simply cancel it through email or some other simple means?
Health Practitioners & Centers

I had no idea this was going out to a community from the feedback button - somewhat deceptive.

It is absurd to cancel by phone only, after years of use, requesting immediate cancellation.

Visitor

I wanna cancel my subscription & dun wanna use & get charge for next month.

Occasional Visitor

I am also having trouble it says its business hours but theyre not in the office apparently and they charged me but wont answer to let me cancel it before i was charged

Consulting & Training

I'm trying to cancel the service but I can't. I'm from Argentina and I'cant do a international call to contact with your billing service. Why you don't bring the posibility of disable the account online? Not even a chat. Your service it's unacceptable. I'm angry and disapointed of you. When this is over, sure I make the whole world know about this bad experience!

I want You to take care and bring back my money. I want You to cancel the service right NOW.

Occasional Visitor
I have been paying this monthly fee like an idiot for years. It’s just small enough that I forget it and you never give me a warning you just let me know after you’ve charged my account. And you have zero features to cancel online even though you are an ONLINE PLATFORM. And even your calling service isn’t open on the weekends. It’s ridiculous. I never leave bad reviews but I cannot stand your company.

Thanks.
Your angry customer who’s never used your services one time but who gets charged every **bleep** month.
Real Estate

I agree.  It's a hassle to have to call to cancel an account, why can't it be done online.  Because you want to harass anybody that cancels.  That's why you make us call in so you make it nearly impossible to cancel an account.  It's total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DO NOT want you to keep a copy of my data. I tried out your website, and after finding out that it is NOT free to self-host pages created here, I decided to delete my account. But there is absolutely no option to! You KNOW about this. There are multiple forum threads about it in which your employees avoid the question (to which the answer is obviously "No") and go on about how "your trial will end" when that is CLEARLY NOT THE ISSUE.
Frequent Visitor

Your customer service is a disaster. It's impossible to cancel my account when you can't get through to talk to anyone. Are there any other options to cancel my account if I can't talk to someone directly. Maybe posting something on social media for everyone to see about your customer service will make this happen quicker. 

Any suggestions? 

Occasional Visitor

Wow... It is 2yrs after one of my first posts on this and I am still getting emails about people complaining about the business practices of how you manage accounts.   Kudos to you.  Most people would still not be in business but you still manage to persist.

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Hi @CarolineB106 thank you for sharing your feedback! At this time accounts can be canceled by phone with our Billing Department or even through requesting your cancellation in the Community. I also wanted to point out we do not use the data in your account, this is something our terms and conditions clearly states. With that said, I have put in a request to our upper level of support so data on your account may be removed. One of these agents will contact you directly with any further updates.

Occasional Visitor
You make it very difficult to cancel your service. Where why is there no cancel button under subscriptions? I would like to cancel my subscription immediately
Occasional Visitor

Dear Members,

This site has proven its non-professionalism. Even their Helpline number remains - SWITCHED OFF???

Have you seen a service provider, whose Helpline number remains switched off????????????

Occasional Visitor

There isn't even anyone on the phone when you call during business hours!

Hi @user096630 and @user72650 what where the numbers you were calling? I can see both of your posts were created before our Billing Support lines were open. At this time this team can be reached Monday through Friday 8am - 8pm ET.

There should be an option to cancel right here on the site. The fact that I have to call to do it seems disingenuous to say the least. A way to keep someone tied in after the trial.. which is exactly what happened to myself. Disappointed. Cancellation immediately.
Occasional Visitor
Please give you customers the option of canceling their account within the app. Forcing them to call you is BULLS*#T!
Occasional Visitor

The worst I have ever experienced. I am leaving and will never come back.

Regular Visitor

An email marketing platform that doesn't allow you to cancel your service is unacceptable and borders being dishonest.  As a reminder, your not selling space shuttles.  In other words, there are numerous email marketing platforms.  

Occasional Visitor

I am echoing what every other international client of yours has said. It is hard to phantom, that in 2020 you don't have an online method of cancellation of our subscription. I NEED to cancel my subscription ASAP,  have not used the service in over 2 years and the charge keeps getting deducted. I cannot call from overseas and be kept waiting just to cancel an subscription. Another charge just came through on my credit card. Please let this serve as a notice that I no longer give permission for Constant Contact to deduct $45.31 from my account (Chanja Datti Ltd). Ive tried cancelling a few times.

Funto (funtob@chanjadatti.com)

Call to cancel? Really? This is almost unethical. 

Occasional Visitor

Isn't his illegal?? This is crazy. I feel like I am scammed right now...

Occasional Participant

Please guys go to all review site and report give star 1 for this rude

Occasional Visitor

Just want to add that I also think it disgusting, frustrating and disgraceful that company's this large do not have easier cancel options - ridiculous

It’s extremely poor business practice for constant contact (CC) to prohibit clients  to cancel their accounts online...advice to CC, you maintain and increase client base by providing a superior product and service to competitors, and NOT by trying to keep existing clients hostage through an impossible cancellation process. 

CC clients should consider reporting this bad practice of prohibiting clients to cancel their accounts online to Better Business Bureau (BBB)...

CC I see a class action suit brewing. 

Change your business practice...

Visitor
this is the worst service I have ever encountered because there is not a cancel subscription button

I haven't used your service in a long time.  I want to terminate my subscription.  Why isn't there an obvious way to do this on-line?

Occasional Visitor

I'm appalled at the customer service and the fact you make it impossible to cancel online or via email. 

If i can sign up without having to call i should be able to cancel without having to call.

This is a terrible system and I will make sure everyone knows it.