Cancel online

I am frustrated that I can't simply cancel my account online. You can easily take our payments and change payments but you make it difficult to cancel our account; I have to contact during business hours and you don't have customer support during the weekends?! This makes me not want to use constant contact in the future.

270 Comments
AnjaliT
Health Practitioners & Centers

Wow all of this so helpful. And challenging -- I live in New Zealand (am I really supposed to call during business hours?) I would appreciate help canceling my account. 

SystemU
Participant
Cancel plans without calling.
user176672
Participant
I have been trying to cancel my account with Constant Contact. There are no email addresses to whom I am allowed to correspond, making it nigh on impossible to cancel. I appreciate you want as much business as can be generated, but this does not seem to be an ethical way to carry out your business. I therefore choose to use this method along with any other that I am able find amongst your labyrinth of links to cancel my account I
DebraM8280
Participant
How do I cancel my account?
user804823
Participant
The fact that you've made it so hard to cancel your subscription is all people need to see to look for another marketing software. **bleep** you
user3497827
Participant

This is shameful yes. I dont know you but as it appears this is the most scammy brand I have ever met and I hereby grant you a lifetime status as conners and scammers.

Please cancel and stop taking money from my account.

Please EVERYBODY KNOW that there is no free trial, it is a SCAM and proving practically impossible to stop billing from this company and its lame policy. Lifetime bad memories of your brand is what you have managed with me. Thank you and please do something about my request to cancel, other than talk to my bank to argue about contractual small letter and the stupid 7 $ monthly hidden fee implicit in your free demo 

DonnaT12
Health Practitioners & Centers

I’ve been trying for days to cancel. Finally got through to a person (after being told, several during posted hours, that I couldn’t speak to a rep) My account still is still active, I haven’t received a confirmation email. It’s insane 

CraigB224
Participant

You are literally an email marketing company, yet there's no way to email any of your departments, at least that I can find on your website. You make it impossible to totally cancel out an account, yet it's extremely difficult to get anyone on the phone. 

The process that one must go through for any help in this organization makes me glad that I am cancelling my service altogether. It's a direct reflection of how the business is ran. 

user9750993
Participant
Hi, deleting account do not seem to be very easy. Can you please delete our account. Thank you!
Laridian
Regular Participant

Between chat and phone support, I've never had trouble contacting CC.

Here's the FAQ on canceling your account, with a link to the billing department: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/39846-Cancel-an-Account?q=cancel%20...

MarionB438
Participant

I agree. This is crazy how they trap us into a payment method and the only way to cancel is call customer service and they aren't even open when I get off from work. This is horrible!!! 

Laridian
Regular Participant

MarionB438, you must have a tough job. CC is open for 14 hours Monday-Thursday, 13 hours on Friday, and 10 hours on Saturday. I don't envy the 79-hour/week work schedule that keeps you from contacting them!

Laridian
Regular Participant

Note to all: It's very easy to cancel your account, but if you want to stop CC from billing you and you don't want to call them, contact your bank and remove their permission to issue recurring charges to your card. Or do the same thing at PayPal.

VeldaB2
Participant

That's an example. I wrote this cancellation on the previous page and now have to write it again.

VeldaB2
Participant

I'm unhappy with the way Constant Contact has changed since I first used it. I had been convinced to return and try again, but in the past hour have not been able to figure out the first step in sending an announcement out. Please cancel my subscription or whatever.

Velda Brotherton

Laridian
Regular Participant

So this is a community support forum. We are users, too. We can't cancel your account. Follow the instructions in this article to cancel: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/39846-Cancel-an-Account?lang=en_US

Laridian
Regular Participant

To the user in New Zealand: Constant Contact support hours in New Zealand time zone:

Tuesday - Friday ... 2am - 4pm
Saturday ... 2am - 3pm
Sunday ... 4am - 2pm

Hardly inconvenient. Try in the early morning or on the weekend.
ToddS0630
Retail
You can't cancel online. You don't answer your phone numbers. You force customers to continue payment. I am frustrated with your company.
CaseyH994
Participant

Could you PLEASE ensure a more customer-oriented process for cancelling?

I am cancelling a FREE individual work account only to reactivate that email through a PAID corporate account. I just can't have 2 emails associated. I'm not even leaving CC but yet am 40 minutes on hold because only the billing department (ie 1 person in a basement?) can do this for me. I will activate again immediately after cancelling so this should all be a 1 minute ordeal.

I understand you're a busy and want to sell but the process you put people through is so aggravating and so obviously money-minded. There is such a thing as customer satisfaction being a competitive advantage. Also, I don't like not having control of my account info. 

Laridian
Regular Participant

Todd, you are correct that you can't cancel online. However, I just called Constant Contact and was able to very easily get through to a US-based agent in the Billing Department (which is where cancellations are handled). Their hours are slightly different than those of general customer support. Billing is open from 8AM to 8PM EST M-F and 10AM to 8PM EST Saturday.

We have a fairly large list and send email once a week, so our experience may be different than yours, but we frequently compare prices to other services and CC wins ever time.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More