Using Canva to improve your conversion rates

Create additional user role types and permissions

I was very disappointed in the lack of robustness related to setting up Users. Only three types are available, and provide no granular selection of capability. For example, I would have loved being able to define different Account Managers having a variety of allowances - one can create and publish, while another can create, delete, and publish. Given the new world realities, we are hiring third-parties to maintain our programs, and they do not need to be able to delete our contact or our mailing lists. Nor do they need to be able to see our billing details. This is TMI for outsourced companies. I hope this makes sense, and is considered a reasonable expectation in 2021.

29 Comments
RickD22
Rookie

Hi, It would be great to have more options to manage our users. Some ideas would include: 1. Campaigns could be able to create campaigns and send them - ONLY 2. Contacts could be added to or added and removed but not have access to all the data about contacts - as in they should not be able to view subscriber #'s nor download the entire list. Feel free to call me if you'd like more info Deanne on beahalf of Rick 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi all. Thank you all so much for taking the time to explain what types of permissions you would wish to select when adding or editing users. We’ve compiled and discussed much of this feedback you’ve shared internally. There are no immediate developments pertaining to this request, but we are continuing to share the feedback and use cases discussed here. We will mark this as Acknowledged and will post any updates we may hear from our teams.

Heather1
Rookie

Campaigns should not be accessible to all users. Creators should have the option to decide who (if anyone) has editing rights to their email campaign. 

KirstenE86724
Rookie
This is a good added feature. However it is lacking in choice of roles. For example, a typical business/organization has a minimum of 5 roles (President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.). You only allow 2 rolls. I am the treasure and the invoice emails go to the owner. The owner forwards invoices to me for payment. Where is the option for billing inquiries only? It's very limited when it comes to assigning roles.
KariG245
Rookie
I'd love to be able to pick and choose what each team member can do versus just having two options. For example, I'd like to be able to have some team members be able to edit contact lists but not schedule or publish emails.
toyaburris
Campaign Contributor

Can we get a role type for team members who just need to access reporting on email campaigns.

Frankie_P

Hi @toyaburris

Does the Campaign Creator role help fit your needs?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

toyaburris
Campaign Contributor

@frankie_P yes to some degree but I would prefer not to have a role where they can’t create emails at all. Just a role for reviewing reporting.

Frankie_P

Hi @toyaburris

Thanks for clarifying this for us! We have merged your post into a larger thread focused on wanting additional user role types.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More