Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Create dropdown fields for sign up forms

I need to know the industry that my subscribers are from. In the profile update they provide that information in an un standardized way. Can there be a drop down list so I have consistent values in that field and can sort on it. otherwise, there a lot of different names for the same industry. Ii run webinars and Go to Webinar has a dropdown list for industry so all of the lists I upload from webinar registrations (they opt into the list) has standard industry responses. This is extremely critical. I can't ask my subscribers to update their industry or it will corrupt the CC data base for that field.

78 Comments
Chris__D
Employee

Hey @LoriE834, thanks for sharing this. Are you looking for the checkboxes to be available for contacts to choose from within the signup forms? 

LoriE834
Rookie

No.  I'm looking to be able to add a custom field with the ability to have a customized drop-down box so I can choose a value to assign to it.  The customized field would appear in Constant Contact on the Contact (edit) window.  So... it would be a  manual update (most likely) on my part.  Hope that makes sense.  Lori 

user202448
Rookie

Does this feature still in development. can you provide some more details about drop-down feature? 

CRUSER_1
Rookie

Please update me if/when this customizable form drop down field functionality becomes available.  Major bummer not having it when trying to auto-organize subscribers. 

HeatherJ5
Rookie

This trend started in 2016, It's 2019 and no dropdown yet. Not good at all

BigDataA3
Rookie

Hi, please add us to the list of interested parties to let us know when you create this feature. Google Forms can do it easily, it is invaluable for segmentation and reporting, and it would prevent unnecessary data cleaning. 

Thank you,

The Big Data & Analytics Association

user243880
Rookie

Hi, please add us to the list of interested parties to let us know when you create this feature. Thanks

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @EdwardS28320. This is a great idea! I can see how it would be useful to have a dropdown field on the update profile form. I'll open this up for voting.

HullArtists1
Campaign Contributor

Please add me to the list of those needing the drop down list feature

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More