cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Delete a User

Delete a User

please have an option to delete account users - thank you so much.

72 Comments
Occasional Participant
Need the ability to delete an account in addition to the deactivate/reactivate feature.
Status changed to: New
Thanks for sharing this idea! This is something we are working on for the future but please continue to leave your thoughts and ideas here.
Occasional Contributor
Great new feature; but also need to be able to delete account as well as deactivate.

Thanks for the feedback on this!

I need to delete an user

CTCT Employee
There isn't a way to delete a user completely from your user accounts. You can deactivate accounts that you no longer want to have access to the account. If you would like to have the ability to delete them completely, please vote for this idea.

When I added new users last night, the first one went just fine. But for each of the following ones I added, I received two messages at the same time: "You've added user X successfully", and an error "User X already exists. Choose a different user name". The first time it did that, I chose a new user name and submitted again. Then I got suspicious when it happened for the next user and checked the user list to find out that it was duplicating my entries!

I see that other users are requesting to be able to delete a user, and so I will definitely vote for that :). It would also be great to fix the duplicating bug.

Thank you for adding the new multiple users feature. It is very useful and I look forward to see improvements such as the ability to restrict permissions for each user, and the ability to track which user does what in the account.

Thank you!

With only being able to deactivate users, it gets crowded with too many inactive users, such as former employees. I would like to be able to remove a user when they are no longer employed with us. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Why is it not possible to delete users? ConstantContact support says even they can't delete a user from an account. Over time we have accumulated a long list of users we have deactivated because we couldn't remove them. I really want them deleted. My user list is now long enough that it's very hard to tell who is an active user and who isn't. I'd really like to clean up this list by removing users we no longer have.

Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for posting, Jennifer!

Occasional Visitor
I would really like to totally remove old/deactivated users
All Star
Greetings. I admit that I must not be as perfect as your developers as I have inadvertently created account users that will not work within the parameters you provide. I would love to delete them to clean up the list as it does not display in alphabetical order or even in order of active/inactive. Is there a reason why the delete function is not permitted? The users have no activity tied to them. Only one of the account users has logged on - as a test. (By the way, what is the secret to how the list of account users is ordered?) As a school that has grades preschool through 12th grade, I was attempting to create a grade level account user that the room parents could use for sending out emails. The limit of 9 additional account users (unknown to me at the time) ended that project with 5 of the grade level account users created. My goal is to eliminate (delete) the account users created in error to clean up the list and make it obvious which account users are valid. Is that something that can be done behind the scenes on my behalf? By the way, the feedback screen cuts off the text on the button that I assume I must click to post this feedback. Perhaps the parameters for this pop up should be expanded. Thanks. Peggy
we have multiple aliases and some are out of date. I need to delete emails from verified list. Not simple to navigate to this.

Thanks for sharing this feedback. Where do you think the step to deactivate would make more sense to you?

All Star
What is the limit of number of users? Why can't I delete old users who are no longer with the organization?

Hi @SAGT

Thanks for your feedback on the number of users. You cannot delete a user but once you've deactivated someone you no longer need on the account you can just change the information to match the new user. 

Regular Visitor
I would love the ability to fully DELETE a user.
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Need to be able to fully delete a user. 

All Star
I want to completely delete old users from the list. Not edit them with fake info. More than "deactivate".

Occasional Visitor

Need to be able to delete a user...this is a legal as well as a user experience issue.

As a non-profit organization, we have users turning over all the time. We need to be able to clean up our user list by deleting those users who have left the organization. Its a real mess trying to view our user list when we have so many old ones.

I vote to be able to completely DELETE account users (and not just deactivate them).

Occasional Contributor
It would be extremely helpful to be able to permanently delete users!!! All these old users simply clutter up my system and make it difficult to wade through and pick out the active users.

We need the option to DELETE users who have left our company.  Please make this possible.

Status changed to: Voting Open

is there a way to delete users who no longer will have access

People have been complaining about not having the ability to delete users since 2013. Is CC ever going to address this problem? Honestly, this seems like it would be a really easy and sensible fix. Is there a reason it has not been changed?

I look forward to your response.

Regular Visitor

How to delete a user who is no longer employed?

Please offer a way to hide old users from this page.  We've been with CC from about 2015 and have gone through many users and many ways of sorting.  Because of that, it gets really confusing when managing users.  Also, "Deactivate" and "Reactivate" look really simmilar and there's no way to sort the list to put all the Deactivate's first.

Capture.PNG

Why isn't this a feature yet?

Established Member

Dear CC,

We are in process of implementing your API on two of our forms, for start. As for development purposess I tried putting test users and now I can't delete them. why is that?!

The developers are bagging you since 2013 why is this not implemented?

This is an absolute must. Please implement it fast.

Agreed with other comments - fundamental feature that needs to be available.

Frequent Visitor

I would like to be able to remove a user when they are no longer employed or associated with us. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Really need to be able to remove users! Deactivating isn't enough.

Hi - As of now you can deactivate account users but you can't delete them. You can imagine over time with employees vacating this becomes a long list of inactive users - it would be great to add the ability to delete users from the system.
All Star
There needs to be an easy way to delete and add people who can use Constant Contact. Why can't I just delete someone who no longer needs to use it?
Would really like the capability, as the owner, to delete users that are no longer needed and will never be reactivated.
Regular Visitor
I would like to delete some users out of the list but it does not give me the option to do so,

Seriously, how long does it take to enable us users to delete unwanted users in our accounts???

I have this request too. I see it has been outstanding for 4 years and there are 5 screens of requests. When will this happen?

2018 and no way to delete a user from the "manage" users page???? 

https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/distui/myaccount