MFA - SMS prompt

0 Votes

MFA activated using the company cell phone

CC claims :
"Once enabled, MFA will only be required when accessing your account from a new device that our system does not recognize. MFA will not be required each time you log in to your Constant Contact account. "

So I've logged into device so that CC system can recognize the device.
However, our devices (which have received MFA once before) still receive prompt to provide the SMS verification code every time we log-in from the same device, same browser. This is a REAL HASSLE.

Constant Contact - What happen?
Why still need MFA prompt every time we access our account from the same device???

5 Comments
RighttoLifeofMichigan
Participant
This multi-factor authentication requirement is causing so much anger within our organization as we struggle every day to use your service. We're considering another service because we shouldn't have to scramble and track down one staff person's phone every time one of the many users in our organization needs to access it (on a range of devices they may be using). The stated setting that devices remember the login is not proving out in practice. Please reconsider this unchangeable eternal damnation that MFA is proving to be.
JanetN5
Participant

This feature is awful and xxx annoying.  It constantly asks me to re-authenticate the same network and computer.

T3S
Regular Participant

The multi-factor authentication is frustrating. Why do we need to get a text to login on the same computer every single time? That doesn't make any sense and is a real hassle. It should remember your computer. If I log out for just one minute I have to go through the whole process again. 

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this feedback with us! Are you all having this experience with your multi-factor authentication when working through the same computer and browser or when working in an incognito window?

T3S
Regular Participant

Thank you for reaching out. This happens when I’m on the same computer (computer I always use) and in the same browser. I do not use incognito windows. I can log off and if I log in 15 seconds later, I have to go through the whole verification process again. I have to go through the whole verification process EVERY TIME I log in, even though I’m always on the same computer.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More