Need Help changing account owner

SOLVED
Go to solution
StephanieH659
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi, I need help changing the account owner of our account please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Frankie_P

Hi @StephanieH659 

We would be happy to help point you in the right direction to update your Account Owner. To fully make this update you will have to update the following sections:

• Personal Information
  • User Email
  • Security Question

All of these items can be found under the My Account section under the name in the upper-right hand corner of your account. 

account-name-my-account-step1 (1).png

We also recommend changing the old username and password when a new owner is taking over the account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Frankie_P

Hi @StephanieH659 

We would be happy to help point you in the right direction to update your Account Owner. To fully make this update you will have to update the following sections:

• Personal Information
  • User Email
  • Security Question

All of these items can be found under the My Account section under the name in the upper-right hand corner of your account. 

account-name-my-account-step1 (1).png

We also recommend changing the old username and password when a new owner is taking over the account.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
user245146
Rookie
This does not work. I have been unable to change my account email for the last month. I have contacted support and they indicated that there is a glitch in their system that they are aware of that is preventing this from occurring. I need to transfer ownership of my website but it will be quicker to rebuild the website under the new email address. Not good enough...changing an account email address should be a simple update to do.
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @user245146,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I do apologize for the experience you had over the phone. You are definitely able to change your account owner information using the steps provided already as long as you are logged in as the Account Owner. When you click on the name in the top right hand corner, does it say "Account Owner" or something else? 

Zoe H.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST