Permanently Delete a User

please have an option to delete account users - thank you so much.

96 Comments

I have this request too. I see it has been outstanding for 4 years and there are 5 screens of requests. When will this happen?

Occasional Participant

I agree with the first comment above! I am a business partner managing multiple accounts and accidentally entered a new user in the wrong account - and now I can't delete it. This seems silly. Very frustrating and not the high level of service we expect from Constant Contact. (Also can't believe you've discontinued weekend phone support, but that's another issue.)

Participant

2018 and no way to delete a user from the "manage" users page???? 

https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/distui/myaccount

Participant

2018 and you STILL haven't addressed this seemingly simple functionality!?!??!?!?!

Participant
Why doesn't the deleted user get removed instead of staying there with "reactivate" as a selection?
Employee
Status changed to: New

Hi @AVCS

If you would like the option to delete a deactivated user I can track your feedback and take it back to our design team.

Thanks!

Rob L.

Participant

Please please add a delete user function to the owner role.  Seems like this issue has been lingering way too long.

Employee

Hello @NCJWAZ,

Thank you for your feedback! It is very important to us, and we definitely understand how important this is to you. I was able to submit your feedback to the proper team and you will be notified with any future updates. 

Thanks!

Zoe H. 

Occasional Participant
How do I delete an account? We have people listed (deactivated) who are no longer with our organization.
Employee
Status changed to: New

Hi @TulsaPublicSchools

At this time, there is not a way to delete Multi-User Accounts. However, as long as these accounts are deactivated, they do not count against your total, and there is no way of the previous user being able to access your account through that username. You do have the option of re-using that account by changing the information associated with the account.

Thanks for using Constant Contact!

Rob L.

Participant
PLEASE create the ability to delete old users on the accounts. It's so frustrating to have to scroll down through names of people that haven't been with a company for years. This should be an easy fix, please consider adding this feature so we can keep our accounts clean and current.
How can I delete users permanently? Is there a way to do this? If not, there should be a way to do that.
Occasional Participant
Why can't you make it so the account owner can delete inactive users that are no longer needed? The list of inactive users just keeps getting longer making it harder to distinguish who are the current users. I want to relieve the mess and only have current active users listed!
Regular Participant
I would really love to delete previous users of the account. One name on this list hasn't worked here in over 6 years. It is jarring to see these names still represented here.
Regular Participant
Would love to be able to delete inactive users!
Regular Participant

I agree that being able to delete users would be most helpful. It seems to be a common topic in the feedback forums -- saw the topic going back to 2013 (didn't look beyond that). With technology as it is today, it's hard to understand why this functionality has not been added.

Occasional Participant

Really want to be able to delete users. Deactivation is really helpful since the accounts I need to have access rotate, but I would also like to clear out the clutter of accounts that are no longer active.

Regular Participant
PLEASE let me DELETE the users no longer required!!!! PLEASE!!!!
Occasional Participant

**bleep**? Its 2019 and we still can't delete users? Bizarre and ridiculous all at once.

Occasional Participant

I agree, we will take your advice and apply that.to our process of procedures.

Participant

Why oh why can't we delete old users?  Because you want to get more $ as we'd have to upgrade?  This isn't a good feature for your customers.

Regular Participant
can you PLEASE allow us to DELETE inactive users? I have 10 users on our list who have not been with the company for FIVE YEARS!!!
Occasional Participant

It is now 2019, how is this not a feature yet.  I have a lot of deactivated users and it gets confusing to manage.  Please allow us to permanently delete a user.

Occasional Participant
Please allow us to delete users. After a certain point, I need to be able to delete old users so they don't clutter up our list
Participant

We have users that are no longer with the company, and therefore CANNOT add users who are.  What's up with that?

Participant

It's now 2019 and we still cannot do this.  It is just absolutely ridiculous!!

Retail
Could we have a feature where I can delete users & not just deactivate? I made a typo on Jojie Sitchon's account so she has 2 accounts here. I want to delete one of her account. Please let me know if you can add this feature.
Participant

100% agree with this suggestion. We have been using Constant Contact for 8 years and the number of deactivated users in our user list is ridiculous. Especially since we can't sort or filter them out.

Constant Contact should know and have the ability to delete deactivated users.  A very simple task.  Is there a reason that Constant Contact wants us to keep the deactivated users?  They have left the company in many of our cases and it is clear that we will not be reactivating them.  Why not just allow us to manage our users?  We are paying for the service.

Participant

this is certainly a feature that needs to be added! I now cannot reactivate any of my users. 

Participant
I see that I have several terminated employees on my "Users" account. There doesn't appear to be any way to remove them. My only choice is to deactivate them. Seems that we should be able to delete them entirely...
Participant

You can't delete users because they want to keep billing them to your account even if the addresses are no good.  Nice for them, not for us.  

I've actually had to export my list of users and go to another provider to get them deleted.  Sometimes I will come back to CC, but when I do, it's always with a smaller list.  So you can get around it but it's ridiculous to charge you for it.  

Administrator

Hi @LizH18. I believe there may be some confusion here. This conversation is about the ability to delete user profiles who can log in to an account. You are referring to bounced addresses but I understand where this may be confusing.

We leave bounces in an account for you to review and it's up to you to decide how you want to manage the bounces, whether it's deleting them or editing the address if it's incorrect or old. We do not delete or remove contacts unless the contact unsubscribes or you delete the contacts yourself. 

Participant
You need to make the user management table more friendly. We've had a lot of staff turnover and functionality is lacking. We need to be able to delete users rather than simply deactivating them. Also, we need to be able to sort that table.
Participant

Echoing the emails from previous years, the most recent seems to be from April 2019 which said "It's now 2019 and we still cannot do this.  It is just absolutely ridiculous!!" It is now 2020 and we still are unable to delete users - as distinct from contacts.

For European companies or companies anywhere in the world that manage data of Euripean citizens, the GDPR legislation that has now been in force for nearly 2 years obliges everyone to remove personal data once it is no longer required.  The email address of a person is considered to be personal data.

I believe that the lack of provision of this facility to delete our old users is likely to be a breach of GDPR.

I am going to have to look into this and, if this is the case and we still cannot delete users, our company will have to migrate to an alternative mailing system from among the many available.  We have been using Constant Contact for 12 years.  We would have to stop.

Please treat this matter with urgency.

Administrator

Hi @Johnd762. I can understand your concern. We have a process for data removal requests to help ensure we comply with GDPR. Please email privacy(at)constantcontact(dot)com with any questions regarding data removal.

Participant

Yes! please allow for the ability to delete users. This is very disappointing that this issue was brought up three years ago and your team has still not handled this.

Occasional Participant
Why can I not delete old users?
Participant

I would like to delete deactivated users.   We have former employees that have not been with us for years within the list of users.  It is confusing.   

Regular Participant

This seems to be a duplicate of: https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Account-Settings-Billing/Delete-a-User/idi-p/194950

Can they be consolidated and the vote count merged?

Regular Participant

This seems to be a duplicate of: https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Account-Settings-Billing/Why-can-t-we-delete-users/idi-p/30...

Can they be consolidated and the vote count merged?

Hi @WilliamD4332 thank you for pointing this out! We have merged both threads into one complete request.

Participant
Please make it so that I can completely remove users from the screen who are no longer with our company, as the list is fairly large.
Participant
Hi, I would like a way to eliminate users from the list of users permanently, or at least for active users to appear at the top of the list. It is annoying to have to search through the list with no way to organize/keep it fresh. Some of these folks haven't worked here for 4 years. Please consider allowing us to eliminate users who no longer use the system. Thanks.
Participant
Please give us a way to remove former users of the account who are no longer on our staff. The only option now is to deactivate the user.
Occasional Participant
We would very much like to be able to delete inactive users. Our account is getting cluttered with deactivated users who have moved out of our area or retired from our organization and will never be active again. We don't understand why Constant Contact won't give us this control of our own account and disagree with your policy.
What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More