cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price too high!

Price too high!

Not sure if it's worth the money?

34 Comments

Thank you for allowing me to test "Constant Contact". I will have to say that for very basic needs it might be OK (but expensive). As far as I am concerned, I would rather continue with **Removed by Moderator**. It is feature rich, and offers way more than Constant Contact, even the free version. Thank you Frank K.  **Removed by Moderator*

I called in and someone told me events were included in my account but when I clicked go live, it wants $50 or for me to upgrade my account. I just spent all afternoon on this and now it wants more $$. Very unimpressed.

Hi Darla,

I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. It looks like you have our Basic Toolkit backage which only includes email templates. This package is for up to 500 contacts in the account for $20. With the basic plan any plus campaign, like event,d eals, coupons, surveys, etc is $50.

If you would rather upgrade to have access to all of the plus campaigns the next package is the "Essential" package. This starts at $45 a month. To get more information click My Account > View Plans and Pricing. 

Hi Helen, 

I am sorry to hear this. Can you tell me more about what you are looking for so I can help?

Thanks!

I paid for a one time only event registration, but charged for an account upgrade for months without actually upgrading anything that our company has access to! The account is still for a "basic plan" !!!! The plan that this business signed up for was $20.00 dollars a month. During a customer service phone call one day I gave my credit card for what I was told was a one time only event registration 50 dollar fee. They have since been charging my card and not my boss' business card - $58.44 every month! I was lied to!!!!! I am on fire I am so furious! I have had negative experience after negative experience with this company. To top it all off - I have been charged more per month and our plan was never upgraded for a second. This company doesn't give refunds they will tell you that they can only 'credit your account" stay away if you can. I have been very very badly burned by Constant contact multiple times.

Hi JohnZ63,

I am very sorry to hear of your experience but thank you for your feedback. I see you were able to speak to someone in support shortly after posting this and they were able to explain how to lower your contact level to help with pricing. It also looks like you were able to get the credit card switched back to the correct card for the future.

$40 a month is too expensive for just over 500 contacts. You nickel and dime for add ons. Your newsletter software is difficult to use, and is constantly reformatting things. It take hours of additional time to put together a simple email. For these resons, it is time to leave after many years of using your service. There is not cost benefit over free services for such a small number of contacts.
Status changed to: New

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Trusting Constant Contact, I began a successful email campaign to see it fail in its first week because of a plan issue. The salesperson told me it would be best to upgrade and not continue my free trial. If I had continued free trial my campaign would not have bombed. And i do hold Constant Contact at fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi @MichaelB4517 

I am very sorry to hear of the frustrations. I see you called in and spoke with a manager about your Autoresponders so I hope you were able to get some additional information there.

If there is anything we can do to help here please let me know. 

Status changed to: New idea

I was just trying to get pricing. After signing up and creating an account, incuding password and hints, I finally got to see pricing. You are more expensive than my company's current mail marketing service - what a waste of my time! I was already annoyed by the sign up procedure, now there's no way I'd use CC.
All Star

is killing you in pricing $42/month for 10,000 contacts and they have a search field for prior emails. I can save time and money by switching. Can you match their price and give me a search field? Regards,  About to make a no brain decision to switch

Occasional Visitor
I am looking at a way to reduce my monthly cost. do you have a program that just charges for each e-mail that you send?
Status changed to: Voting Open

HI @StephanieH945

We do not offer a pay-as-you-go plan at this time but we do allow you to suspend your account for a smaller fee if there are periods of time you won't be using it. Can you give our billing team a call to hear about all the options?

I prefer pays for emails sent not for contact numbers. This service is not good for me.
I think you charge you to much. Especially if you are not using the services as often.
Occasional Visitor
I'm leaving CC. Your prices are ridiculous. I had 2745 active contacts and you want $60/mo?! IMO this is greed. It's practically a car payment! LOL!
All Star
Have been a Constant Contact customer since Dec 2007 - and actually before that as part of a national franchise. I send only a few newsletters a year, and to fewer than 500 clients. A year ago I began to focus on sending surveys to recent customers. I could live with downgrading my plan to $20/mo (a 30% increase) for newsletters, but the new pricing plan for Surveys at $50 each is unreasonable. After 8 years, your new pricing policies have forced me to drop Constant and look elsewhere for my occasional marketing solution. Obviously you don't think it is worth your while to cater to the small local business.
When I signed up with Constant Contact last year, it was through a link from my Kindermusik business mentor. She told me the fee was $15 per month, and sent me an email for a discount when signing up. She uses CC, and highly recommended it. My experience has been much less than what I had hoped. I have been billed $20, rather than the $15 I was told, from the start. Although you have some Kindermusik templates for me to use, I have found them much less than user-friendly. It is not reasonable for me to need to take several hours just to prepare a mailing. I am comfortable with technology, familiar with using graphics, and should not have so much trouble making this work! I am considering cancelling my subscription and moving to MailChimp or some other free service. My business is barely breaking even, and CC has not been cost-effective for me so far. I am extremely disappointed in how this has worked out.
Occasional Visitor
we have used your services for over 10 years now. I can no longer justify the cost. I am leaving because of the cost. Insane compared to what is out there these days.
Visitor
$40- for sending e-mails is becoming expensive compared to other options
Regular Visitor
The cost for 25,000 contacts has gone up and may make it necessary for our small business to limit the number of our contacts. Cost is my only complaint.
All Star
I wish you would consider a "light" email plan. I barely use the items available for my $65 a month plan. I don't need most of them. I have been considering other email programs which offer less options, but still more than I really want for a LOT less $ per month. I'm a long time customer. I trust you. I wish you would PLEASE consider offering a bare-bones program!

Thank you for the feedback @EvelynH05.

Occasional Visitor
this is really expensive and unnecessary.
Regular Visitor
Hi, I've been a loyal CC customer. However, the plans with the autoresponders are too expensive. Other platforms offer autoresponders for 50% less than constant contact. Solo-prenuers need to have access to autoresponders, (but not all need the other features). We need it at a price that is more reasonable.
Occasional Visitor
Why is pricing so expensive? I was shocked at how much we pay now. Competitors are much less. We used to pay $35/month. No reason for $65/month. Absurd.
Visitor
This program is becoming too expensive for what it offers I'm looking at moving to a different company

Occasional Visitor
Price too high for company like us which send emails occasionally onlt