cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing

Pricing

2015 renewal = $164.88 2016 renewal = $216.72 Increase = $51.84 Increase = 32% That is one hefty increase in one year.
31 Comments
Occasional Visitor
I don't appreciate a 25% rate hike with no notice. I'm not sure I'll keep my account open.
Occasional Visitor
Your cost of service is starting to be come to high. My bill started around 22 dollars and is now at almost 43. While i like your service the cost of what your charging is becoming to much. I WILL search for another program if the cost of your service does go up again.
I have sent two emails querying why I have been upgraded from email Marketing $15 a month to Constant contact Toolkit - Essential $45 a month. Upgrade was not approved nor required.
Status changed to: Voting Open

I have been on teh phone with customer service because apparently my plan got "upgraded" automatically without my consent.  They say they sent an email in August, which they did because I searched through the spam emails I get from COnstant Contact and found the email they were referring to.  Nowhere does it state the price increase.  You have to click on a link and scroll through to find the new price.  I have requested a credit back for the increase in price.  I suggest all of you do the same.  If I do not get my money back, I am cancelling service and reporting Constant Contact to the better business bureau as well as speaking to my attorney about my potential recourse. 

Did I miss an earlier announcement? For nonprofits with a budget, it would have been great to receive notification of pricing change BEFORE 2017 budgets were approved rather than notification received after the start of the new year and with only 1 month notice.

Frustrating!

Regular Visitor

This is unacceptable! I made a decision to join for a year based on the prices that you quoted me. To raise the price is unfair and a breach of trust in my opinion. I would expect you to honor the price quoted until my term runs out. If you raise the price in my account, I will find another provider.

Regular Visitor
"Starting with your March invoice, your monthly price will increase $5. You will see the price change on your bill over the coming months, depending on your billing cycle." You have now priced yourself out of our budget. We were already exploring other options. You just forced our hand. We will be leaving by the end of the month.

Voting open ... Am I voting FOR the price increase, or voting to express my disappointment with increase and last minute notification???? Change the title of what I am voting for to "Repeal the Price Increase" and I'll vote for it!

Hi, I started using your service about 3 years ago. It worked really. There were countless email templates and several great features to add into those emails. I left your service about 6 months ago due to a restructure in our business model. Then, just last week I rejoined your service only to find that you had raised prices while reducing the amount of template options. And, your current template options are generic and totally boring. I also see you have started charging for features that used to be free. Usually with higher prices comes more options and more variety, but I see you guys have done the opposite. Very disappointing and off-putting.
Occasional Contributor

Totally agree, I pay $1500 per month and I have found just because I have a slightly larger contact base the options are furthe limited.  I cant even list my contact via their email address alphabetically !  I cant search directly for an email address, I have to take more steps to do so.  all very frustrating.  I have also found on rare occasions, that if a contact has an extra space at the end of their name or email address the system will list that person as two different contacts, like wise with an email address has uppper and lower case letters and the second only had all lower case the system may list that person twice. 

Most of my contact lists have only the email address listed, for time and security.  so this is very frustrating that options and features from other service providers are standard, but not available here or there is a charge for them.  coupled with the lack of support on weekends is making CC less attractive and not compeditive with other providers services.

I can basically say ditto to what GoWorldP has said.  We left and came back and found that the few templates available now are boring.  I run an arts nonprofit... what do I need with boring communication?  Not for us.  Also... I'm fairly sure we used to be able to see which customers weren't opening emails.  Now it's a major ordeal.  Of course....they'd be shooting themselves in the foot to help us manage our lists and control costs.  Oh, and cost?  Far too pricey, compared to the competition.  As soon as I can figure out how to export my contacts safely, we're out of here.

Occasional Visitor
This is the second or third price increase in recent memory. Keep it up and you'll chase me away for good.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, am a little concerned.  CC still can't resolve the gray screen of death.  The schedule page still doesn't tell the time of day.  The email reports still have a totally useless text field with the date sent. There's still no way to tell what things are in which folder without clicking on each one. Contact management is still cumbersome and clumsy (unless, of course, you have a gazillion dollars and are a SalesForce customer). 

I'm a programmer - these things are not that hard to fix. And yet you want more money from us.

Regular Visitor

What? You're raising your prices again? You must be kidding!!! You just raised it to $40 a month two months ago, and now you are raising it $5 AGAIN!!

Here's an idea... don't raise your prices twice in less than 6 months!! What a RIP OFF!!

As soon as i'm done with the season, I'll be leaving you guys.

I love the service, but it's definitely NOT WORTH $45 buck a month.

REALLY Constant Contact? Do you think you have no competitors? Ridiculous!!

Occasional Visitor

Long time constant contact customer here. Your prices raises were two fold for us recently. I understand the need to raise prices for increased services, or just periodically to stay profitable. That said, it would be minimal to let the customer know this is happening. 

1. Price was raised as we crossed a customer number threshold. This is understandable but it would be easy for you to let us know when this is crossed. We are small and a 50% price increase is substantial to us. 

2. You raised the price of our plan $5/month. Again, we did not recieve any notification of this.

You are a company that sends our millions of emails a day. Is it even a question as to whether you should send an email or two letting people know this. No. This should be standard practice. But instead, you put it on the customer to call and get an explanation. We can't even email you about this and you prohibit discussing billing over chat. What a joke. The fortunate thing is, there are many other companies who do what you do. 

Occasional Visitor

Move on guys. There are lots of competitors to try out.

Occasional Visitor

Yeah it has become a joke. Too many other options to not move on.

Visitor

To Whom It May Concern:

It seems you are increasing your prices more frequently, with little or no benefits to justify said increase.

As a result, I plan to look into comparative services/options if this continues, and will recommend many of my colleagues to do the same. There are more choices now than in years past. It appears that with these frequent price increases, you are gouging the small business, not helping them grow. 

Hot Schatz PR

From: Constant Contact [mailto:notification@e.constantcontact.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 2:04 PM
To: Schatzi Hageman
Subject: Important Information About Your Account

Greetings,

At Constant Contact, we're committed to bringing you an easy way to create beautiful emails and campaigns that get real results for your business—more people through your door, more phone calls, more sales.

We continually invest in providing you with an online marketing tool that gets you industry-leading deliverability rates, open rates, and customer engagement. And we continue evolving our product to bring you the features, resources, and service you expect and need, both today and tomorrow. Everything from social sharing, mobile-friendly emails, 6,000 new free stock images and more.

Starting with your July invoice, your monthly price will increase $5. You will see the price change on your bill over the coming months, depending on your billing cycle.

We know that for a small business, every dollar counts. That's why we'll work hard to bring you the marketing tools and free, award-winning support and education to get the results you need.

At Constant Contact, our priority is helping your business do more business. We're working hard every day to deliver the products and people you need to succeed.

Questions on the price change? Click here. As always, our free, award-winning customer support team is ready to answer your questions and help you succeed with online marketing. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact.

Sincerely,

The Constant Contact Team

Occasional Visitor

I'm very disappointed about the price increase again.  We just use the basic Constant Contact because we are a very small business that doesn't have time to use all the bells and whistles that you offer.  Please re-consider the price increase for us small business owners.

Thanks

Lori

Occasional Participant
  • 2016 ↑ 33%
  • 2017 ↑ 25%

Anual increases at this % level are not acceptable, guess its time to move along.

We have been your cleints since 2006; you will lose us & in the near future many many more.

Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for all this feedback, we know price increases are never welcome. We did send notifications out to let you know ahead of time as we didn't want this to be a surprise. If you didn't get the notification please let me know and I can look into why on an individual basis. 

Please continue to post for our product and development teams to see! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hannah - we're not complaining about the increase per se - or at least I'm not. 

I'm complaining because there are UI / Experience issues that continue to hang out there.  Perhaps those of us who are complaining are small, relatively speaking, and so we use the native CC interface, not using some third-party platform that integrates with CC and handles almost everything outside of CC?  But. . . if CC wants to keep growing in the small business world, the things the small businesses use - like the native CC UI - have to work. I am in a position where I often have to make recommendations on email marketing platforms to small businesses, charitable organizations, and such. I use several different platforms in my own work, and they each have quirks and awkward workflows, so it's a matter of picking and choosing what inconveniences you the least. Being summarily logged out, and not being able to tell when a campaign is scheduled for - well, those factor in to my recommendations.

Hi @LoganF2,

Sorry to read that you didn't get the notification. I did some digging and it looks like you were part of a prior group of price increases when it appears the other people here were part of a group yesterday. A notification email was sent to your bgidrinks.com email address (the one on your account) on March 29th at 11:35 am. The subject would have read "Price Increase Account News". I don't see that you opened the email but it didn't bounce back either and you've opened account notification emails we've sent to you since then. The increase for your account would take effect this month and is still based on the number of contacts in the account. I'm happy to give more details privately if you would like, please just click my name and then click the gold "Send a Message" button on the right. 

For anyone else who is reading this your account setup may vary and thus your accounts will see pricing changes at different times. Please post if you would like the specifics of your account!

Regular Visitor
I just got a $5 increase on my monthly invoice without notification to my knowledge. On top of that, my ability to use the "tag" feature and change various fields (i.e. "home" to "work") is now non-existent. I just called over to speak to someone and was put on hold for a long time. I hope someone will call me to discuss these issues.
This is the second price hike in as many years. We'll be transitioning to Mail Chimp. As well, we'll be taking several accounts we manage to Mail Chimp. This is not how you retain customers. I'm saddened after so many years to have to make this change.
Occasional Contributor
To Whom It May Concern, If Constant Contact goes through with this increase on us, there is no way we can absorb the additional charges. We would be forced to move to another Email Campaign Company Rob Lasorsa Current Screen Name: RobL58674 (760) 779-9148 or (330) 701-3784 Current Plan Email Plus Contacts 50,001 - 75,000 Your Subscription Add Ons You have no add-ons Compare and Upgrade Estimated Monthly Bill $335.75
All Star

In June I got charged $30 more for my list of 15.000-25.000 contacts, I don't see any justification nor any notification for this... Am I to guess if this was indeed a price increase or just a mere mistake????

Regular Visitor

Price has went from 30.00 a month to 48 in 5 years.................... I would think this increase in a competive world will make us want to change.  I was also shocked that when I started I was told if you don't use that month you get charged (months I didn't do a newsletter ) which was about 8 months in 5 that I am still being charged............................................:( I am looking elsewhere.

Occasional Visitor
I really resent your price increase.
Occasional Visitor

Can you charge me the same price in Canadian dollars. This would help me a bit.