cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing out too soon

Timing out too soon

I leave Constant Contact up all day, which makes it easier to work on my newsletter. But I find CC times out too soon, which is really frustrating. Is there a setting I can use so CC doesn't time out so quickly?
  • Find more ideas tagged with:
75 Comments
All Star
I experienced a new wrinkle in the problem of the logout countdown timer suddenly appearing. It's been a problem for sometime now, interrupting a work session and logging me out if it appeared at the moment I was hitting the Enter key, but now the screen locks up and is slightly darkened, while being unresponsive to any keystrokes on either of the buttons displayed on the logout countdown time. In one case, when I was reviewing the Preview of the email the screen darkened down and the countdown timer didn't even appear, but since it showed similar symptoms to the earlier problem, I assume the logout timer was counting down again. Please fix this problem. Thanks.
Regular Visitor

Hello, When editing an email campaign, I had been editing some text for about 15 minutes when the screen for a secure logout (and countdown) popped up. Since I had an element selected for editing, and it places a layer over everything to limit what you can select, it also kept me from clicking the "I'm Still Working" button, and it forced me to log out and I lost all the edits to my text. Thank you, Paul

Occasional Visitor
I was in process of working on a newsletter -- full-speed ahead -- when up pops the "Are you still working?" screen/timer -- and before I could hit the yes button, it logged me out. Fortunately I had just saved much of my newsetter or I would have lost everything. Get rid of this feature.

Completely agree. I have been logged out like that. The feature is new and it is annoying.

All Star

SamH48 wrote:
I was in process of working on a newsletter -- full-speed ahead -- when up pops the "Are you still working?" screen/timer -- and before I could hit the yes button, it logged me out. Fortunately I had just saved much of my newsetter or I would have lost everything. Get rid of this feature.

I agree!  Not sure what motivated CC to add this 'feature' but for anyone who has done an email longer than a simple invite, this makes no sense.   

Advisor

Same thing happening.  I work, I save sections, I save the whole draft, and every 15 minutes the &*%*^&% stupid screen pops up. Why, oh why?

First of all id like to say that the status page is inaccurate, because I have been having issues with Constant Contact all day long.

Multiple times now, as I'm typing and making changes to my email, the window pops up and asks if I'm still working, and if not that it will log me out in 15 minutes. The first time it interrupted me, it would not allow me to click the "I'm still working" button, inevitably forcing me to close out and re-log in under a new tab. This also caused me to lose some of the changes I had made. The second time, the window would allow me to click "I'm still working" but then the screen I was already on froze and AGAIN I was forced to close out and re-log in, causing me to lose more data.

These are basic functions. I'm merely TYPING in a text box and am getting these errors. It is a HUGE inconvenience and issue for me and my company. How can I be expected to complete anything when these screens interrupt me as I am in the middle of working?

I dont know where this post is supposed to go in the forums, what section, anything... Move this discussion as necessary, whatever needs to be done. Just make this website function properly is all that I ask. Constant Contact makes it very difficult to EASILY report an issue to them. I'm not wasting 30 minutes of my life on hold on the phone to notify someone of these issues.

For three days straight, the countdown has started to sign me out while I was working on a newsletter and frozen me out of the work. I was lucky they saved but it's really bothersome that my screen goes dark and that the countdown even starts while I'm typing something.

Same as all the above. Countdown clock freezes me out of my work sometimes while I'm typing.  Incredibly frustrating!!!!

It is absolutely maddening to be logged out while in the middle of typing. This is happening multiple times a day when I'm in the middle of editing a campaign.

This is now happening in both Chrome and Firefox.