cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing out too soon

Timing out too soon

I leave Constant Contact up all day, which makes it easier to work on my newsletter. But I find CC times out too soon, which is really frustrating. Is there a setting I can use so CC doesn't time out so quickly?
76 Comments
All Star

This just happened to me as well using Chrome on a macbook pro. First time it's happened to me but exactly this issue.

CTCT Employee

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback on this. We have escalated the issue to our teams who are currently investigating. Please check back here for any further updates!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback on this. We have escalated the issue to our teams who are currently investigating. Please check back here for any further updates!

All Star

Thanks to Ariana for escalating this. And thanks to Martin for sharing that he's also having the problem, which likely helped get the attention of tech support.

To answer a previous question, I use Firefox on a PC that has Windows 10.  I have not tried it in another browser. But since Martin has, this means it is across platforms and operating systems.

Advisor

Supposedly fixed - but if I am away from the screen, it logs me out - and DOES NOT SAVE THE WORK I'VE DONE. Happened twice this morning already. Hours down the drain. :smileyfrustrated:

Advisor

A further update.  The gray box came back along with the gray screen of death. Couldn't do anything.  So I let it log me out.  When I clicked the ok button on the "you've been logged out" screen, it logged me back in and automatically took me to the ORIGINAL version of the email - not the one with all the edits (seen in the background of the screenshot).  After throwing up my hands in disgust, I closed that and went to the campaigns, where lo and behold the one with all the edits was sitting there, saved with all the edits accurately reflected. So, well, something is still very wrong with the gray screen of death, at least in firefox.

constant contact totally gray again.JPG

Visitor

It's happening to me, too.  RIGHT NOW.

Frequent Visitor

I also experience the gray screen of death until now. I've been dealing with some major issues with CC.

As if the auto log out is not enough, when I log back in, my account gets locked due to some "security issues".Then it will require a password change because it will never log in using the same password.  We've done 4 PW changes in a month just to access our account. CC said the problem comes from PW mismatch accross other apps connected to CC. Even after updating passwords in all those apps, we still encounter the same problem. It's so frustrating.

Visitor

I had just clicked save in one section and the "Log me out" "I'm still working" option came up and even though I clicked "I'm still working" it logged me out. 

But I hate that this comes up at all. Maybe come up after I've not clicked ANY edits, section saves or anything in an HOUR, but not after a few minutes. I should not have to click Whole Document Save every **bleep** time. 

Also, when I copy and paste one section to another, stop saving the background color. I just want the text, but it copies over the background color and I cannot then change the background color to match the new section. 

Thank you.

Visitor
Twice in the past 24 hours as I was editing an e-mail, a gray overlay screen appeared. I could see my work through the gray screen, but could not press any buttons. I have to quit the screen and log back in and hope it doesn't happen again (AND hope that my work was saved) to continue finishing editing.