cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We had to temporarily close one of our support sites. You may experience a longer than normal wait time when calling into our support center. Remember to check out all of our available support resources including live chat for the quickest response.

Timing out too soon

Timing out too soon

I leave Constant Contact up all day, which makes it easier to work on my newsletter. But I find CC times out too soon, which is really frustrating. Is there a setting I can use so CC doesn't time out so quickly?
83 Comments
Regular Visitor

I think this company should change their name from Constant Contact to Constant Timeout!  The issue has been open since the beginning of the year, and from the comments posted here, their customers have lost hundreds of hours of work.

Regular Visitor
Sometimes it asks if I'm still there while I'm in the middle of typing. Of course I'm there if I am typing. Also, the whole thing scrolls down to the bottom randomly. In addition, make it so you can remove some addresses while you are making a contact. If the previous contact I created had three addresses, the next contact will start off with three spaces for addresses, with no way to remove them until after I finish.
Status changed to: Open Questions

Thank you for the feedback @AdamN6996,

We are currently working to try to resolve the issue you're seeing with the 'are you still there' messaging popping up at the wrong time.  To better help us I was wondering if you could tell me how often you are seeing that message pop up?  Would you say it's coming up every 5 minutes?  Every 30 minutes?

Also if you could send me a screenshot of what you're seeing that would be really helpful!

Thanks,

Patrick

Frequent Visitor

Happening to me right now. Sooooo frustrating.  I don't know if I am going to lose my work.

I don't have time to reconstruct this important email with photos etc......praying.....

All Star

Continuously asks me if I am working and then logs me out...can we not adjust the timer to give us longer.  Also, need a page forward and backward at the top of the page within contacts.  So frustrating to need to go to the bottom of the page each time.

All Star

Editing is such hard work in your programme - when deleting within a particular category, it automatically takes you back to the beginning of the whole of your contacts.  This is very time consuming as it takes such a long time to get back to where you were working previously.

Occasional Visitor
There is a lot of irony in the name. While I love the features of CC, it is anything but constant. If I leave it for 10 minutes (ie to check emails), I need to login again ... after clicking a "yes" to Are You In Canada? Can't you keep me logged in until I log out??
All Star

When I walk away from a project and come back to the same screen, I expect to be able to continue my work. As it is, I can type in hundreds of words, work for an hour, only to find out -- ha ha - I had been automatically logged out. Puff. There goes an hour of my life. All you have to do is have a pop-up that says "You are logged out. You need to log in or you won't be able to save your work." Seems like a no brainer to me.

Occasional Contributor
Sometimes when I'm working in CC, the automatic sign-out countdown pops up. Admittedly, it happens when I've not paid attention to CC for a while and have come back to it. But nonetheless, I'm actively working in it and it threatens to sign me out! How silly!
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open