cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this week and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

413 Comments
Status changed to: New
Thanks Joseph. We know this is an important feature so we're working on more permissions for accounts, look for this soon!
Visitor
I would like to see the ability to add security parameters for multiple users. You should be able to define (by user) what functions/features they should have access to and within function/feature, whether they should have view or update access. This a real deficiency in the product right now.

I agree--great start. I look forward to permission levels. Thanks!

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.
Regular Visitor
Hello, As the owner of my account, I would like the option to also set up and edit the communication preferences of my users. Thank you.
Advisor
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. Please feel free to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see changed or implemented.
Occasional Visitor

I'd like to be able to grant access to the billing information and actions to one or two people.  The treasurer needs to see and act on this information.  I agree that general additional users should no have access t this.

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Just to strengthen the point, it's hard to see what value there is to multi user status without different access levels

Thanks for sharing this feedback!
Occasional Participant
With the onset of multiple users there have been updates made that should not have been made. Having the ability to restrict what a user can do would help tremendously. Thank you