cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

356 Comments
Frequent Visitor
I need to know how to set permissions to different users, I find out how to open new user accounts but I can't find where set the roles and limitantions, please let me know.
All Star
Wondering if user A can only see contact list 1, 2, 3 and 4 while user B logs in and can only see contact list 5, 6, 7, and 8 This way user A can never send to a list that doesnt relate to him.. This would be a good feature to add...
Regular Visitor
If there was a way to limit which contacts a user can see, our use of Constant Contact would grow exponentially. Our organization is like many others that use deputized fund raisers or fund raising professionals who work with portfolios. All contacts "belong" to the organization, but they are managed by individuals with portfolios of contacts.
Occasional Visitor
You really need to work this. I should be able to control deletes of emails . If I have other users I don't wan them to delete any thing.
All Star

I've seen several comments regarding control within email marketing, but I'd love to see the ability to segment off our Event Spot from email marketing. We are a non-profit organization that hosts trainings at rotating locations based on members hosting the training. So I would like to be able to allow representatives from the host agency to access and manage the event they are hosting, but not others. I'd like them to be able to email event attendees but not the general email marketing lists. 

Users I add to my account need to only have access to products I specify not ALL products and have the option to not let them modify or edit contacts only the ability to select lists for the products they have access to. Ideal to also limit which lists they can see and use for a given product. For example might not want them to have access to the full list of all clients but ok to give them access to a monthly list.
Frequent Visitor
Our admins need to log in an print invoices. I wish there was an option to let people log in and see the invoices and not be able to send campaigns.
If possible add role and permission on multiuser, as user only see email campain, but dont edit nothing, only see report , open rate.
Visitor
We have two people that need to be able to manage all aspects of the account. How can I make them both owners?
Status changed to: New
Hi Jared- At this time you can only have one account owner listed on the account but you can have 9 additional users. We're working on getting more flexibility put in so thanks for sharing this idea!
Visitor
i was looking to have user access to my account by multiple people that have limited access to areas of what we send out.
Thanks for sharing this feedback. We are working on developing more permissions for the near future. What in your account would you like to be able to control?
All Star
Is there a way to limit a user's access such that they can use eventspot but they cannot use email?
Hi Anne, Thanks for sharing this idea. This type of control is not available right now but we're working on getting more permissions put in place in the future.
Visitor
I can see the benefit to having multiple users as to keep from stepping on each other when creating/editing a campaign. However, they new logins can still access confidential company account information which has always been a challenge for us. It would be great to be able to indicate that a user account can access just events, or just email or both. And for us, the most imporant thing is to limit who has access to company account information.
it's very good!!!!
Occasional Visitor

I love the new feature -- great job and excellent start.

If I hired an intern and asked them to create an email - I would want have the option to approve it before they send it out.

I may also want them to see some emails folders, but not others.

Is there a way to add these 2 features:  1) The ability for them to see certain folders when they log in, but not others.

2) Approve email (option) before sending.

I think that would do it for us.

Thanks!

Deb

With our church's account...several different ministries use this one account. I would love it if we could set up one person as the administrator and that person can give out the roles and permissions for other users. For example...when a ministry/user logs on...they can only see the contact lists for their area...and not everyone else's lists.
I want to give staff access to only review/download reports/responses for certain surveys. We're also working on more targeted eblasts and other staff will be using Constant Contact. They shouldn't have access to lists (or only have access to certain lists). There should also be a feature to give/deny access to create surveys and a separate flag for them to be able to make a survey live. That would give us the ability to let others create the survey, but require me to review before they make it live/distribute. Could also implement a "submit for approval" feature on certain users that would take care of this.
Established Member
add the ability to restrict users to certain lists.
would like to ADD A RESTRICTION THAT WILL NOT PERMIT other users to download or export and list from program
It would be great if constant contacts had a feature where when we add additional users, they have a limited amount of access to the emailing folders. This feature at the moment is no good to us, where we add a user, yet cannot give them restricted access. Thank you, Nooria.
Regular Visitor
It would be better if an adminstrator could limit what the users capabilities were. Not everyone needs to work with contact entry, and not everyone should be able to send an email without an internal approval check system.
Occasional Visitor
We would love to see adding users in future without admin rights. Thanks much... Larry
Frequent Visitor
I am sorry but I really have to say this feature is lame. If you are going to take the time to set up a feature like this make sure to add some protection from the added user creating some damage. Like locking them out of being able to export or delete emails.
(1) It would be nice if there were different levels of users or even the option to choose what to grant each user access to. I have 12 people which only need access to their contact lists as well as reports for their events in event spot. I have had some unfortunate instances where emails were deleted/modified/created and it caused a lot of confusion for those on the design side of things. This would be very helpful! (2) The ability to track changes to know who made which changes would be very helpful!
If possible add user with permission to edit email blast or choose some list. Upload or delete contacts.
Occasional Visitor
I need to give a second person the capability to pay the bill. Giving this person my id and password is not a good process. Please add this capability.
We have issues with other users accessing the same email and then losing all the work the other has created. Can there be an alert or lock activated when one user is already in an email? Preferably a lock that would not allow multiple user in any given email.
Visitor
when will it be available?
CTCT Employee

Role based permissions in multiuser are in the works, but we are still determining the sorts of roles that our customers want to have. If you could let us know what you'd like to see in the comments, that would be very helpful.

All Star
But there needs to be a way to limit what a user can do - like only mail to certain lists. We use this for a church and it would be wonderful to give our ministry leaders access to use this but to mail only to their ministry list and not just any list in the account
All Star
It's great you finally added the ability to add more users, but unless you allow us to decide the new users permissions its pretty useless. I certainly wouldn't want another user to have the ability to go in and see or change my account info like billing for instance.

HI Deborah,

Thanks for posting. Currently an account user won't be able to see or edit your billing information, add or remove a product or add other users. 

Solution Provider

Any Update on Multi-User Progress?  To answer a question further up in the thread, I use multiple contractors to create emails for multiple clients of mine.  On Hootsuite, you can assign a client account to a user and they will not have access to the other client accounts that the Master Hootsuite Account has access too.  I am concerned about user list abuse or exporting.  Specifically I would not want a contractor sending my clients email to another clients email list either by accident or intentionally.  This is a very important feature and I am a little disapointed to not see it on the roll out.  I am very interested in as to how long, until this is adjusted.  Thanks for your responses to this topic!

Solution Provider
The Hootsuite Model of allowing users to only view certain sub accounts of the overall account that they are given permission to access, eliminates them being able to access the assets of other accounts hosted on the overall account. Currently my users can access any of my clients email lists and email content. Thank you, The Dude
All Star
I am the owner of the account, but our bookkeeper needs access to the billing page. Her user account does not give her access to the billing page, so she has to log in as me. Kind of defeats the purpose of multiple logins.....

Thanks for this feedback! We're working on more permissions for the future, stay tuned!

All Star
Not all users should be able to do any manipulation of contacts.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! 

Regular Visitor
What's the use of enabling additional users if you are not providing the way to define permissions so that those users DON'T have access to the contacts database? Please, this feature has taken too long, I thought it would be implemented when you announced the multiuser availability and at the same time announced the big increment in price for 2014. If this feature isn't available soon I won't renew my plan with ConstantContact. Just look at other options in the market that offer truly Multiuser capabilities for admins, such as Hootsuite, you've taken too long to get your act together and in line with your customer's needs.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Visitor
Need to be able to assign billing to different users. Marketing departments don't usually pay the bills too!
I was told only I change the billing information for the account as the account owner. I want to delegate that task to a different user. Is that possible?

Any users on an account won't have access to the billing information but as the account owner you will have access. We're working on putting more permissions in for the future so stay tuned!

Occasional Visitor
I dont want all user to have access to my contacts. I want them to create and edit the campaings but NOT to be able to view, copy or export my contact info. best regards, Ignacio

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Stay tuned for future updates that include more permissions.

Visitor
fantastic add on to a great product, please add role based security restriction or user based security with admin controlls

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us!

Occasional Visitor

Yes. Without separate permission, multi-user feature is not that helpful. Please allow us to configure different access to different user.