cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

411 Comments
Frequent Visitor
Allow different levels of access. For example, can build drafts but NOT send e-mails.
It would be nice to limit access to account information for all except the administrator.
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thank you for your feedback! I will move your post together with other users requesting for this so you can get updated once we have Account Access feature changes. Thanks again!
Occasional Participant

I would like to hire people to help with my company's email creation but have been reluctant to do so because of what I perceive to be a security vulnerability.

I can add users, but there doesn’t seem to be a way that I can assign or more importantly, un-assign parts of my account to a specific user. What this means is that someone who is working on my emails would also have access to my email lists and if savy an unscrupulous, this person could download those lists which is theft, of course. For that reason, the only persons I have brought onto my account are very trusted friends. Of course, I should pre-screen to trust all hires, but I am uncomfortable with the potential risk as I see it.

My questions is two-fold:

First – am I missing something? Is there a way I can provide users with restricted access (ie emails only and not contact lists)?

Second – If no to the first, will Constant Contact add this feature and when?

I would think this is an important matter to address. We usually think of internet security in terms of high-tech attacks and theft, but this is a vulnerability from anyone with access to anyone’s account as part of their employment.

CTCT Employee

Hi Davidd17,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I understand completely what you're looking to do, which is to limit access to certain sections of your account to prevent any unauthorized export of your contacts, which is your intellectual property.

To answer your questions:

1. You are not missing anything. At this time, there is now way to limit acccess to emails only in your account. When you grant another user access, he/ she will see everything except your credit card information 

2. We are reviewing this feature at this time. We just implemented the Multi-user access functionality. We have no ETA yet on when this will be updated with such roles and permission settings.

Sorry this is not available at this time. Once it's ready in your account, we usually make our customers aware via a video and of course, an announcement here in the Community. Please keep an eye out for that. In the mean time, please continue voting for this and other features you want to see.

Thanks David!

Anna

Social Support and Community

Frequent Visitor

We may leave Constant Contact for MailChimp because MailChimp already offers:

1) Permission levels for users (someone can create an email but doesn't have the ability to send it); and

2) The ability to actually create templates with locked regions.

CC is way behind MailChimp in this area.

Frequent Visitor
For example, the user in charge of maintaining and updating the contact list should not be able to access the email section and have capability to alter or "dink around" with emails that are being developed. thanks!
Status changed to: New

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

My feedback is for the multi-user system to offer a function where an additional user has access to create emails and use their own code or form templates, but they CANNOT see the contact database or and of the contact lists.