cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are unable to login to their accounts. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

355 Comments
All Star
The existing permissions are not segmented enough to be helpful to our organization. The following permission segmentation would serve us better: - Editor (users who have an edit only permission) - Editor+ (users who can edit, send and update contacts) - Accounting (users who can make payments and no other functions) - IT/api (users who can set up api for contact lists but cannot edit emails) - Admin (can do all of the above)
Visitor
I'd like for my users to be able to see their templates only and maybe share them with other users if needed. Is there a feature like that? I don't want them to have access to all templates.

HI Anna,

This isn't available currently but thanks for your ideas! We're working on more permissions for the near future, stay tuned. 

All Star
We need a little more Control over access to some of the lists in the new Multiuser feature. We need the ability to limit access to some of the Contact lists for sending out email campaigns by certain users.
Occasional Visitor
Two people can not work on the same email. If one user makes an edit it does not show up on the other user's account.
CTCT Employee

AbigailR7 is right. Working in the same email at the same time causes Saving Issues. But I understand what you're referring to JohnKH -- an alert system/ warning message to prevent this from happening. Thanks so much for your feedback. Our developers are looking into setting permissions and more control with the Multi-User feature. Please keep voting for this and other features you want to add. 

We would love to have the abiltiy to assign users to a specific list  and possibly even to different folders w/in the email system.  We will be setting up different email newsletters that each go to a different set of users and it would be great to be able to assign separate permissions for each of those.

Solution Provider
This is a feature which would allow better control of email lists while allowing different internal groups to build an email (such as a committee) while maintaining control over the email lists. A group then could select a pre-approved list to send to and not worry about email address theft.
I run constant contact for a few clients. It would be great if I could have a parent type ID and have permission to update their sites rather than having to log in under their profile each time.

Thanks for sharing this feedback,  Jennifer! 

I have a marketing consultant that I would like to give access to view reports and analytics from my email campaigns. Do not want him to have access to add/edit/export/import/send or anything else. My sales team could benefit from that access as well. We are very selective about our messaging and what gets sent out from the company, so we don't want to give them any other rights.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

All Star
I'd love to have the ability to allow users to develop an email, schedule an email, and hit a "SUBMIT TO OWNER FOR APPROVAL" button. I will then review, then send. I trust most people, most of the time... but I've learned that I can't trust all people all of the time!
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New
Thanks for your feedback Patrick! I will move your post together with other customers requesting for this so you can get an update once this feature is ready. Please keep voting for this and other features you want to see. Thanks again!
Frequent Visitor
Please consider having different users have different levels of access. currently we have so many issues with users accidently deleting information of other users. Additionally, it would be great to see which user added/deleted/changed/sent any information specifically. Thanks.
CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback. I will be moving your post together with other requests for this functionality so you can be updated once this is ready. Thanks again!
Frequent Visitor
Allow different levels of access. For example, can build drafts but NOT send e-mails.
It would be nice to limit access to account information for all except the administrator.
CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback! I will move your post together with other users requesting for this so you can get updated once we have Account Access feature changes. Thanks again!
Occasional Participant

I would like to hire people to help with my company's email creation but have been reluctant to do so because of what I perceive to be a security vulnerability.

I can add users, but there doesn’t seem to be a way that I can assign or more importantly, un-assign parts of my account to a specific user. What this means is that someone who is working on my emails would also have access to my email lists and if savy an unscrupulous, this person could download those lists which is theft, of course. For that reason, the only persons I have brought onto my account are very trusted friends. Of course, I should pre-screen to trust all hires, but I am uncomfortable with the potential risk as I see it.

My questions is two-fold:

First – am I missing something? Is there a way I can provide users with restricted access (ie emails only and not contact lists)?

Second – If no to the first, will Constant Contact add this feature and when?

I would think this is an important matter to address. We usually think of internet security in terms of high-tech attacks and theft, but this is a vulnerability from anyone with access to anyone’s account as part of their employment.

CTCT Employee

Hi Davidd17,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I understand completely what you're looking to do, which is to limit access to certain sections of your account to prevent any unauthorized export of your contacts, which is your intellectual property.

To answer your questions:

1. You are not missing anything. At this time, there is now way to limit acccess to emails only in your account. When you grant another user access, he/ she will see everything except your credit card information 

2. We are reviewing this feature at this time. We just implemented the Multi-user access functionality. We have no ETA yet on when this will be updated with such roles and permission settings.

Sorry this is not available at this time. Once it's ready in your account, we usually make our customers aware via a video and of course, an announcement here in the Community. Please keep an eye out for that. In the mean time, please continue voting for this and other features you want to see.

Thanks David!

Anna

Social Support and Community

Frequent Visitor

We may leave Constant Contact for MailChimp because MailChimp already offers:

1) Permission levels for users (someone can create an email but doesn't have the ability to send it); and

2) The ability to actually create templates with locked regions.

CC is way behind MailChimp in this area.

Frequent Visitor
For example, the user in charge of maintaining and updating the contact list should not be able to access the email section and have capability to alter or "dink around" with emails that are being developed. thanks!

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

My feedback is for the multi-user system to offer a function where an additional user has access to create emails and use their own code or form templates, but they CANNOT see the contact database or and of the contact lists.
Frequent Visitor

We would love to have the ability to limit users to a specific set of lists and restrict access to certain sections that they should or shouldn't be in (i.e. Billing)

Regular Visitor
I am looking to add users with different permissions and access to different features. Specifically I want a user not to be able to access my database but be able to edit and create emails.
Occasional Contributor
It would be beneficial to have a user account as management so that user/s can access all lists and also have 'edit' options for other users to only access their mail list and contacts

I would also love to see that my users could be restircted to only being able to send to certain lists.  I don't mind if they delete or add or see the contacts in their lists, but I don't want them to be able to send to lists that are for other offices.

We have multiple offices that use this account and people sign up to recieve emails from that office only.  At this time each of the offices has access to all of the lists and this could protentally cause legal issues if they send to lists other than there own.  We aren't saying that they would try to get us in trouble, but if they don't have access to all of the lists, then no accidents can occur by them clicking on the wrong list.

As more and more offices are building email list, they are wanting to use Constant Contact to send the information.  The Main office does not want to have more than one billing account so that all of the account information is controled by one office. (Ease of billing, etc.)

Is there some type of time frame for this (six moths, year, longer)?  We have been contacted by other email companies and the first that can offer us this feature is probably where we will go.  We have been telling them that the main reason that we stay with Constant Contact is because you have been saiying that you are working towards it.  We are very excited that you added the multi-user function, but that really doesn't do anything for us at this time.

We feel that we could get more of the offices using Constant Contact but we are waiting until this feature is active because at this time we have to make sure the offices are sending only to their lists.

Visitor
We would like the ability for an external graphics vendor (i.e., new user) to have access to create and edit campaigns but NOT (a) see Contacts or (b) send / schedule Campaigns.
Visitor
It would be great if the account owner have full access; however, limit or restrict access to other users to avoid confusion. For example, the Accounts Payable Clerk has to reason to access/edit the contacts but should be permitted to make payments.

send campains or see reports

Visitor
I suggest that you add security roles to restrict what certain users can do. For instance, i hired a 3rd party company to create emails for us in Constant Contact format. I would like them to be able to ADD emails to my account, but NOT be able to (1) view or export contacts (2) delete contacts (3) delete prior emails. Thank you.
I would like to see a way to set different permission for users. I want to give some ability to only create but not send...how to I do that.
Occasional Visitor

I really need to allow my additional users to work on campaigns, but not be able to publish them. I'm very surprised that granular permissions are not available. I would like to see, at a minimum, permissions for (1) List modification, (2) Campaign creation (3) Campaign publish/send. Even more granular would be helpful such as adding people to the list, list segmentation, removing, changing/updating etc.

Hi Rich,

Thanks for sharing this feedback on user permissions! We're always looking for ways to improve the product for you.

We recently had someone delete all of our active contacts. We want to be able to better monitor the usage of our user accounts and also control permissions.
Occasional Visitor
It would be nice if when we add a user - we can restrict which email lists they can access.

Thank you for sharing this feedback!

Thanks for sharing this feedback, this is a great idea for the future. 

one admin that has all access, and other account that can only send newsletters and NOT view the list of contact / export lists...

Occasional Visitor
I'd like to have my secondary user have elevated permissions.... I.E. Enroll/Cancel subscriptions to EventSpot.
Regular Visitor
I have many part time employees who use my constant contact and I would like a feature so they can't download all my contacts for their own use in the future. Is that possible. It would be great !!!! Other than this, I am very happy with Constant Contact.
I would like to be able to assign permissions to the users. For example, no access to the Event Spot or only able to send email to certain lists.
All Star
The system really only supports multiple logins. Once you are in, everyone sees the same thing. Nothing is segregated between individual users which is what we were looking for in a multiuser system.
Advisor

I would like to know if CC is planing to add any updates to this. I really do not like the idea of useres being able to donwload contacts, delete contacts, or haveing oterwise having full access tot he site. If this is not possible I would like to be able to view the activity on the accout re: 50 contacts added to X group by user X on July, 12, 2014