cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

411 Comments
Occasional Contributor
It would be great to have more flexibility among users. If we could designate the type of campaigns they could see. If we could prevent users from having access to survey results. If we could determine which type of campaign each user had use to it would be great. If we had a private folder to place items in where no one but account owner could see it would be great. This would be useful if you were going to announce a company wide surprise and did not want to ruin it for the other users. Thinking ahead to the holidays and such. Essentially, we need more flexibility with the access per user. Thanks!

We are a non profit organization and we utilize Constant Contact to organize volunteer teams using tags.  It would be great if there could be added a third level to assign to account users where they could view contact information but not edit.  Currently it is all or nothing.

Occasional Contributor
I would like to see it set up so we can assign various options per user. Maybe have options and we will click on the ones that need to be afforded to each user. Examples: edit contacts send campaigns create campaigns view survey results This is a much needed update!
CTCT Employee

Hi @MichelleMit,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. That is a great suggestion! I have tracked this request to your account to notify our developers regarding the feature. Our developers appreciate the feedback and are always working hard to improve our customer's experience, so please feel free to reach out to us with any suggestions and feedback. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Occasional Contributor
I would like to see Account Owners have the ability to better define the account access of each user. Suggested list of options: create campaign, create survey, view only mode, view survey results, send campaigns, send campaigns that you create, view contacts, edit contacts I'm sure you all have better ideas and better wording but this will hopefully give you a good idea of the needs.
Occasional Contributor
I neeeeeeed more flexibility in the account user roles. I want to have a checklist so I can choose what access each user is granted or denied. Things like: create campaigns only, only see campaigns they create, see contacts, edit contacts, send campaigns, etc......
Occasional Contributor

It would be helpful to have a new role or to expand the Campaign Creator role, so that person could create and download event rsvp reports for an event, as well as create and edit the event.

Occasional Visitor
I would like to suggest additional user roles. I am the account Manager, but would like to allow my front desk staff to enter and update contacts, but not have the ability to send out correspondence. Is it possible to recreate a role that is more of support and limited access to other information and functions
Occasional Visitor
we like to have more customization on the Manager Role especially they cant EXPORT the Contacts
CTCT Employee

Hello @CristianR50,

Thank you for sharing this with us! Would you still want the user to be able to access contacts and manage them? Is the only thing you would want to restrict is the fact that an Account Manager can export contacts?