cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

413 Comments
Visitor

As the others have said, good start.  This absolutely needs different levels of authorization.   I don't want my designers messing with the contact lists, nor do I want them to be able to send anything.  In it's current state, the multi user function is useless to me.

Occasional Contributor

This is a good feature in concept and adding tiers as suggested above will allow more control over the account and contents.

Frequent Visitor

It's a good start, but we really need access controls for which contacts can be viewed and which lists can be emailed to by the specific user.

What I was hoping we would be able to do is create a user like "marketing" or "support" and then setup a rule so that "marketing" could only view contacts and send emails associated with a specific set of lists (i.e. lists like MarketingList1, MarketingList2, MarketingList3, etc.).

Likewise, if we setup "support," that user would only be able to send out emails to contacts and lists that were specifically authorized to that user (i.e. SupportList1, SupportList2, SupportList3, etc.).

It would also be nice to have some rules related to Contact Management features and Mail To List features.  Something like:

Can send to: All Contacts

Can send to: Contacts in Associated Lists only

Add Contacts (Yes/No)

Add Contacts to Associated Lists only

Modify Contacts

Modify Contacts in Associated Lists only

Delete Contacts

Delete Contacts in Associated Lists only

All Star

I agree with what others have posted. This is a great start! But I am not really worried about others changing our account or billing (that seems to be the only thing that a sub-user cannot access). I am more concerned with controlling the access different staff members have to contact lists and email templates.

What would be REALLY excellent would be to have the ability for users to submit their email to an admin for approval before it is sent. 

Thanks for this step though, it is nice!

I love the multiuser and I agree with most of the ideas already listed. Tracking users is low on the list of priorities for me.

I do like the idea of having levels for access. Like some of the others, I too am concerned about contacts and templates getting deleted. If the manager or a selected user are the only ones that are allowed to delete anything from our account that would be great.

Thank you for the upgrade, I look forward to the next one.

You guys ROCK!

Regular Visitor

I have to agree with the previous statements. Its a great starting point, but it could be a lot more useful.

Having the ability to set permission levels would be great. I have multiple departments that author emails, but would not want to grant them ability to see final reports or to send out the email. I believe having the ability to limit access is an important feature.

Another idea would be a task item. If someone could fill out an email and then "task" or send a reminder to me for proofing it and sending it, it would be a great feature to have.

I also did not see an area where that user can go in and only change their password. I have setup all the accounts with a generic password, but they should only have ability to see their account.

KSP

Thanks for the good start.   

1) Would really like to see some permissions (who can send mail, who can create mail, who can add/remove contacts, who can edit account settings (footer, opt-in, forms, etc).

2) I think that the "Company" name should appear in the header somewhere, so that when a user is logged in, they know th anem of the master account

3) You shoul dbe able to remove a user if that user has never logged in.

4) I would like to see some FAQ regarding the API user, which account shoud I use for that?

5) In the header, there is text that reads "welcome, <first name>", which is showing the account first name, not the local user who has logged in.

6) And yes, as others have suggested, to konw who did what when will help in the event of a breach of data, or "send" of an unapproved email.

Great start though!

Established Member

I was looking forward as well to the multi-user feature but think it could be improved by tracking activity and permissions by user (as some have already commented).  For our organization, it would also be helpful for each user's emails/surveys etc. to be listed under their user instead of under the main account.  It is easier to keep track of who is sending what that way.  

Occasional Visitor

Great start.

What is needed is a way to select:

(1) email lists the new users have access to, and

(2) limitations on the number of emails that can be sent by each user for each list.

Thank you!

So, I guess I'm a little confused about exactly what this feature accomplishes.  Does using the Multi-User feature eliminate the issues that used to happen when two people were logged into the same account at the same time?  For example, one person saves changes to an e-mail while someone else is also logged in.  Their changes get overrided unknowingly by the other user.  Does the feature prevent this from happening now?

At our company, I manage our Communications department which handles all e-mail marketing for all of our clients.  We have specific employees assigned to create e-mails for certain clients, but there are times when someone is on vacation or out that a different team member has to handle changes to another employee's account.

What would really be awesome is if each one of our employees could be assigned ONE username and password that would give them access to ALL of the accounts we manage for all of our clients.  This multi-user feature doesn't really solve anything for us, because each one of our Team Members would still need to have 15 different logins.  What we really need is a solution similar to what's in the Business Partner Console that would allow me to create one login per employee and then grant them access to specific accounts.