cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

355 Comments
Status changed to: New
Thank you all for your ideas. We're glad to hear this is a good start for you and the feedback we are getting here is helping determine future updates. Stay tuned for more permissions and controls in the future!
Great idea, Laura. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Thanks for posting this idea, Terry!
HI Heather, Thanks for your post. Multi User isn't needed in all accounts but will be rolled out to all accounts in the next few months. Multi-User has been a requested feature for accounts who have lots of different users. For example, if your business had an intern you might not want them to access your billing information. At this time, using multiuser will not prevent one user from saving over another. Future updates will help with this though so stay tuned. There are more permissions coming. Thanks for the feedback about multiple accounts. Multi-User is designed for one account but this is good feedback!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. More permission options are coming, stay tuned!
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'd like to be able to assign roles or permissions with multiple users.
All Star
Need to be able to send an email that none of the other users can see. Also, need multiple owner-level accounts. Basically, there needs to be a more robust selection of restriction and area access. Example 1: one user can log in and send an email, but only to certain groups. Example 2: one user can log in and send an email to a group, but none of the other users can see the content of that email. Maybe an option to enable other users to still see stats, but have the option to disable that as well.
Visitor

I think it may have sense to assign some privileges and restriccions to each user.. It will be helpfull to restrict some tasks to some users in an account .. For example,, One user may design a bulletin, but may have not access to the Contact List.. so He/she will not be able to erase, copy or modify the contact info

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We are working to develop more permissions for the future and these are great ideas, keep them coming!

Thank you both for your feedback on this. We are working to develop more permissions in the future and these are great ideas!

Visitor
Add a membership management feature
Hi Marlena, Thanks for posting. Can you tell me more about what management options would work for you? Are you thinking that you would like to block/allow access to different parts of your account?
Visitor
It's great that we can add users - they need to have specific roles - for instance I send out an email to our sales team's contact list - each email blast is specific for a sales person. It would be great to have them log in and be able to download and view their bounces, opt outs and opens. Also to see the reports page for the email blasts associated with them as a user. Adds and deletes should happen from the main user just to make sure contacts aren't lost.
Visitor
User should go to the home page of either their last email blast or the main account. Access only to the email blast associated with their email address. (verified email address)
Hi Joe, Can you tell me more about what permissions you would like to be able to assign? We're working on developing more for the future but would love to hear your ideas!

Thanks for this feedback. great ideas!

My multiusers will be able to create templates, deigns and newsletters, but will not be able to send them. They can save them and then an authorized user will go into the account and send the newsletter. My contacts are just as important to me as my personal and payment info. Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
Need some sort of hierarchy of users with more than one login for an account. That way I can have multiple logins and give permissions for each login.

Thanks Amanda. We're looking to implement more permissions in the near future. Can you give me an idea of what permissions you would like to allow in the future? Thanks!

Thanks for posting, Stephanie!

Occasional Contributor
Great new feature, it would really be even more of an asset if I could limit my account user to specific email list. I have several email list including one for all recipients. This let me grant access to a specific user for a specific purpose and not have to worry about them sending something to all contacts.

Thanks for sharing this feedback! Look for more permissions coming soon!

All Star

I agree with everyone else's feedback about limiting the permissions each user has to the system.  It would really enhance the service!

Thanks Krissi, what permissions would you like to see?

All Star
to restrict the level of access to the account. For example, disallowing access to change/delete contacts or having access to the billing information, or adding features that require financial approval from our organization, etc. In other words, we need an administrator only functionality and then allowing the administrator to assign what additional users are allowed to do within the account.
Great feedback, thanks for posting!
Visitor
Would love the ability to add a user with limited capability. For example, someone who could create an email but not send it?

Thanks Ellen!

It would be great to assign levels of user authority. For example, we would like there to be more than one person that can see billing information (sort of an "admin" level that is not an account owner), and to have lower levels of access for interns and volunteers (we would like volunteers to being able to create and edit emails, but not send. That way, the email can be vetted by an higher level account user before sending).

I'd also like to add that I'm delighted so see these enhancements being made. Forgot to mention that above. :smileyface:

Regular Visitor
Multi user is very pointless if you cannot stop the other users from deleting or sending out unauthorized emails. Update that part, other users need restrictions
HI Sarah, I am glad to hear you are enjoying the changes overall! We know this is an important feature to users and we're working on getting more permissions put in for the future. Thanks for your feedback!
Thanks, Ronald. This is the start of the multi user function and we're planning more permissions and controls for the future!
CVG
Established Member
You should be able to limit which pieces users have access to - e-mails vs events vs surveys - as well as read only vs edit access to e-mails, stats, details, etc.

Great ideas, thanks for posting! We're working on more permissions and appreciate your ideas of what would work for you. 

I need to protect my lists so that each campus cannot access each other's parent list AND so I can create a separate look and header for each campus. I've been waiting for this for over 18 months. The features now for multiuser are not that helpful. thanks,
Thanks for this feedback, Sherri. We're working on more permissions for the future!
Solution Provider

I'm so happy to see the multiuser function as i have been asking for it for a while.

A basic feature is to allow specific users to compase an email but not actually schedule it. I want my staff to be able to create them - but only have an administrator give the final green light.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing this feedback! We're working on developing more permissions for the future and appreciate your ideas.
Occasional Visitor
It would be great if multi users could only see certain things. I.e., not have access to your contacts.
Is it possible to give someone the ability to only look at stats? I do not want them to have any other permissions, not able to add remove people from lists.
Thanks for posting. Unfortunately this is not available right now but this is a great suggestion. We are working on developing more permissions for the future! Would this be a "reviewer" type role? Would you want to allow them to see all reporting but not control anything? Or maybe you will need them to review emails and stats but not make changes? Any detail is appreciated as it helps us determine what will work for the future!
I hoped that another user would be able to see only files, photos, emails, etc. created by that user. Maybe this would be helpful for an intern to not know our regular password, but that is the only benefit I can see.
Hi Sherry, Thanks for your feedback. This is just the start to Multi User and we're working on developing more permissions for the future. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Visitor
It would be nice to restrict user access to certain things and be able to track any changes by user. For example restrict scheduling of emails or deleting contacts, etc...
Regular Visitor
From the second I heard of the anticipated release of a sub-account feature I was excited. I thought it would be great to allow my subordinates to send emails using only their preset templates and only their email accounts. With the current settings I cannot afford to give others access to the account. The current configuration of the multiuser feature grants sub-accounts access to too many of the features. I wish the master account could grant certain privileges to certain sub-accounts. For example, I do not want sub-accounts to have access to change, update, or view contacts. I would also not want sub-accounts to be able to send emails using mine or anyone else email address. If Constant Contact created a permissions module for this feature it would make it a useful feature for me. Otherwise, I might as well keep my current practice of my subordinates logging in using my master account and hoping they don't make any changes to contacts or templates.
Thanks Joseph. We know this is an important feature so we're working on more permissions for accounts, look for this soon!
Visitor
I would like to see the ability to add security parameters for multiple users. You should be able to define (by user) what functions/features they should have access to and within function/feature, whether they should have view or update access. This a real deficiency in the product right now.
Occasional Participant

I agree--great start. I look forward to permission levels. Thanks!

Advisor
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. Please vote on this and any other topics you would like to see implemented.