cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

• Find more ideas tagged with:
401 Comments
Visitor

Yes, this is exactly the type of feature I would like to see as well! Also to allow for certain restrictions for each user, ie/ an admin can do anything, but another type of user has read only access or can download names, but not delete anything.

Susan

Visitor

I also would like my own access to the database, as there is only one return email address for our organization, and I am performing a different function.  I need to message 1000 people, and don't want them to think I am the other person whose email is listed on the message...

Thanks

Simon in Hawaii

Visitor

I'm on the list for updates on the multi-user feature - would love to  know the status of this.  Would like to be able to share the load as it were without giving up the administrator function to keep payment info, etc. confidential, so really really need the multi-user feature.

Laurel

OSI

Regular Visitor

+1 

I would like to see that feature as well

This is a long overdue feature and it is great to see. However, it is under developed right now. I really need to give my PA access to write and send email newsletters but I don't necessarily want them to be able to touch the email contact data. Is it possible to expand this feature so we can limit access to certain areas or features but enable assistants to help in others?. 

Don't get me wrong, this is awesome and its really really needed... I just think it is half baked - shove it back into the oven for a while longer. Consider what users really need out of this in social media management terms and in being able to get help with their marketing efforts without handing over all the control and you'll be where we (the users) need  the service to be. 

Frequent Visitor

Great feature and long overdue.  I've been waiting for this feature for some time, and have considered switching to an alternate email provider that has multiple account log-in capability, so I'm pleased that you're headed in this direction.  One of my concerns is that I don't want the secondary account users to have access to the email distribution list, to download or view, and unfortunately, it isn't possible to set account privileges on a per user basis.  Ideally we can set a user that has design option only, a second one that can send only, a third that can manage events only, and one that can do all everything. Our company's marketing tasks have been split this way, and unfortunately the way you've set this up doesn't really satisfy our requirement.  Hopefully you're going to continue development to allow for the above.

Thanks

Jeff Wiener, Digitcom Canada Inc., www.digitcom.ca

All Star

Adding multiple users to our account - Long overdue!

Thanks for adding this feature. Looks good so far. I like the idea of assigning security levels into the users.

P.

All Star

This is new "multi-user" feature is way overdue!  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Now...I know...it is new but please consider granting levels of access and more than one administrator.

Great start!  Please add different access levels. For example, a level that does not allow deletion of contacts would be great!

Also, the ability to have one's own emails show up first would be good.  The folders already work fairly well for this, but it would be great to have a button to just see the emails a particular user has created.  Of course, it should be tracking which user created which email/survey/event.

Occasional Visitor

Great idea.  I like the additional idea of levels of access.