cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

413 Comments
All Star

Without the added features like setting permissions, I really don't see what this does that having one username and password for everyone who uses it will accomplish.

Will each person have their own area to keep their own emails? That might be useful, but here at our school, it would still be good for all of the emails to be saved in one general location that is accessible by everyone.

Looking forward to hearing what others think.

Add a way to track what each user is doing.  Assign email campaigns, events, contacts added, etc... to a particular user.

Thanks!

All Star
This feature would be useful to me if each user could choose to see only the emails that they have created or see all the emails. I share the account with another staff member. We create separate emails and don't usually need to see the other person's work.
Frequent Visitor

So far so good!  User levels would be great - different access for different departments, positions, etc.

Frequent Visitor

Good idea!

Frequent Visitor

I agree. Levels of access would be an amazing addition. I would love to delegate out some of our side projects using the new multi-user feature, but still won't be able to use it that way yet because they'd have access to all of the templates and drafts, and things could get accidentally deleted, changed, or copied over. Maybe access per email folder, or creating separate templates so they can use/copy a template but not edit them.

As it is, this feature is a great start, but isn't helpful in its current form. The billing information is not the sensitive part--our emails and templates are.

Great feature but needs to have levels or permission options. Or perhaps I am missing it?  Example: I may not want them to add features that increase my costs to use CC.  Also, I don't know what they can see or can't see, like billing info, etc.

But this is a great start!

Solution Provider

I am happy to hear that we can add users but I need to have tiered access.  Without it I may just as well give my employees my user name and password.  As I have stated in previous requests, I need to be able to set users based on level of access.  Here are just some of the possible tiers: An "Administrator" who can do everything. A composer who can create but cannot send or touch the contact files.  A proofer who can proof and make comments but cannot create or send, a Data manager who can manipulate data but cannot create and email. A super user who can do everything except add or change users.

Until this type of functionality is in place, I don't see us using it much.

Please keep trying.  This is an important feature which is really needed if we are going to grow this service.

Da

Levels would be great and perhaps a New User Notification email asking them to activate and set their own password. Then just a "reset password" button for the Administrator.

All Star

It's been a very long time coming and quite a disappointment. We have been getting along for a long time sharing the same user login. This will be better, but I don't understand not including multiple access levels, assignment of unique campaigns to unique user logins, etc.