cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

413 Comments
CTCT Employee

Response from @CristianR50,

No. There really needs to be a separate role all together that provides
view access to events/emails, etc. and allows download of registration
reports for events. Here's the thought process. We are an event driven
organization. As the admin, I do not want anyone but the folks I think
will understand how to use the program having access to be able to create
anything. However, since we are creating events/registration pages/emails,
etc. for the event planner, it would be nice to be able to do so and then
allow the event planner to go into Constant Contact to view/approve what is
created and then be able to run their own reports on registrants once the
event is live.

Visitor

Doesn't look like much has changed since this posts from several years ago.

Is CC considering adding any additional levels?   I'd like to give people option to access different functions depending on their role.

For instance, our admin person might need access to edit/delete/change contacts but not have access to the campaigns.  Someone else might need access to contacts and create and edit only the campaigns they edit, but not have access to our overall account (which includes all payment info, etc.).

Please????

Thanks,

Ton

Visitor

Not sure how to add this to my previous comment.

One other feature that would be really handy is to assign access in the contact module to partcular lists. For instance, we work with a communications/media consultant. I want them to have access to the contacts on our media list but not ALL of our contacts.

Toni