cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

413 Comments
Visitor
Would love the ability to add a user with limited capability. For example, someone who could create an email but not send it?

Thanks Ellen!

It would be great to assign levels of user authority. For example, we would like there to be more than one person that can see billing information (sort of an "admin" level that is not an account owner), and to have lower levels of access for interns and volunteers (we would like volunteers to being able to create and edit emails, but not send. That way, the email can be vetted by an higher level account user before sending).

I'd also like to add that I'm delighted so see these enhancements being made. Forgot to mention that above.

Regular Visitor
Multi user is very pointless if you cannot stop the other users from deleting or sending out unauthorized emails. Update that part, other users need restrictions
Status changed to: New
HI Sarah, I am glad to hear you are enjoying the changes overall! We know this is an important feature to users and we're working on getting more permissions put in for the future. Thanks for your feedback!
Status changed to: New
Thanks, Ronald. This is the start of the multi user function and we're planning more permissions and controls for the future!
CVG
Established Member
You should be able to limit which pieces users have access to - e-mails vs events vs surveys - as well as read only vs edit access to e-mails, stats, details, etc.

Great ideas, thanks for posting! We're working on more permissions and appreciate your ideas of what would work for you. 

I need to protect my lists so that each campus cannot access each other's parent list AND so I can create a separate look and header for each campus. I've been waiting for this for over 18 months. The features now for multiuser are not that helpful. thanks,