cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

411 Comments
Occasional Visitor
I thought multiuser accounts were supposed to have different levels of permissions. Is that functionality coming later?
All Star
Can we have a user only work select folders only?
Developer
Would be great to be able to limit user access to different areas of the system (so some users could manage contact lists but not create/send emails, some users could create emails but not send, some users could create/send emails but not access contact lists...) Thanks!
Visitor

I came here, specifically looking for a way to have levels of access, at least two or three. 

So, I completely agree with the post.

As a minimum...

1.  A level to create and publish an email.

2.  A level to view, add, delete Contacts

Occasional Visitor
Would like to be able to restrict what additional users can do. For example, I would like for a member of my staff (or a volunteer) to be able to enter new contacts into list without having ability to delete contacts (concerned about accidental deletings) or send out emails.
Occasional Visitor

need permissions levels who can see the list , delete/update the contacts, permissions for designers who can just design the template without seeing it

Occasional Visitor

THIS FEATURE AS PER ME IS LONG PENDING FROM CONSTANT CONTACT. I ALSO THINK THAT ADMIN SHOULD HAVE CONTROL TO ASSIGN LISTS TO SPECIFIC USER AND ALSO VARIOUS RIGHTS OF EDITING/DELETING THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONALITIES CURRENTLY AVALIABLE

Constant Contact,

First, let me say this is a great addition and I am looking forward to seeing it continue to evolve and improve over time.  I think it is clear by now that a lot of us want to control permissions/access for different users.  Just want to say that one specific area of permissions we would really like to have control over is mailing lists - i.e. set for each user which mailing lists they have access to and can modify, send email to, etc.  We would like to allow users in our organization to develop and use mailing lists for their individual projects, but not have access to any other lists or all our contacts a whole.  Hope that's one of the customizations in the works - thanks!

All Star
on how to limit a user to certain features only?
Occasional Visitor
I want the user I added to only be able to access certain contact lists and not others...is this a feature? Otherwise, the feature is not useful to me. I want her to be able to access our students and NOT our media and event clients.