cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

356 Comments
Regular Visitor
Hello, As the owner of my account, I would like the option to also set up and edit the communication preferences of my users. Thank you.
Advisor
Status changed to: New
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. This is a great suggestion. Please feel free to vote on this and any other topics you would like to see changed or implemented.
Occasional Visitor

I'd like to be able to grant access to the billing information and actions to one or two people.  The treasurer needs to see and act on this information.  I agree that general additional users should no have access t this.

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Just to strengthen the point, it's hard to see what value there is to multi user status without different access levels

Thanks for sharing this feedback!
Occasional Participant
With the onset of multiple users there have been updates made that should not have been made. Having the ability to restrict what a user can do would help tremendously. Thank you
Thanks for sharing this idea!
I am glad to see the constant contact has finally rolled out the multi-user function; however, as far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a way of giving various account users, varying degrees of permission. For example, I would like to allow other employees to create an eblast, but not send it. They should also have restricted access to the contacts. Without this function, multi-user is not particularly useful.

I also agree.  I would like to add users with limited access to use only certain lists, but not necessarily have the ability to alter that list. It would also be nice if certain users could compose emails, but not have access to actually sending them. In other words, to be able to have a designated gatekeeper who authorizes the final sending of emails. 

Occasional Visitor
It would be very helpful if we could limit the access of some of our users so that they aren't allowed to send out emails (only create them). We also would like to hide our survey results from some users on our account.
Thanks for sharing this feedback. We are working on creating more permissions for the future, stay tuned!
Occasional Organizer

The current multiuser setup grants the same (somewhat limited) permissions to all account users (except the account owner). Multiuser would be far more powerful, versatile, useful if it allowed more detailed permissions. 

• List-specific permissions: Users can only send to certain lists. This would be beneficial, for example, when working with third-party developers and you only want them to be able to send to a test list, instead of spamming your production lists by mistake (or through malicious intent). Another case where it would be useful is limiting the scope for applications that connect to a user account, so that any bug or flaw in the app cannot affect any list(s) other than the one(s) specified.
  • Feature-specific permissions: It would be handy if permissions included options for Email, Social Campaigns, Offers, EventSpot, Survey, etc., so that you could enable/disable each of those for each user. This could simplify the interface for those users, for example, or at least keep them from messing with features that are not authorized for them. 
  • Fine-grained selection of permissions: This would be useful, for example, to designate an accounts payable or purchasing agent user (they can access billing but nothing else); send-only users (they can send messages but cannot add/delete users); developer users (various permissions as needed); customer support users (can add/delete users, but cannot send messages); etc.
This is great feedback, thanks for posting!

I love the idea of the multi-user feature but without levels of permission, it does nothing for me. I don't want everyone on my team going into the account and editing any of my events, emails, etc.. I would like to give individuals seperate permissions based on their needs and roles. For example: Have a viewing access: - Allow them to see event dashboard and pull reporting BUT not be able to edit anything - Allow them to pull open reports for email blasts - Allow them to create and add people to the contact list (allow me/owner to see who has been added) Have a sub-owner access: - Allow them to see event dashboard, pulling reporting, closed event, delete and add registrants only - Same email blast access as above - Same contact list access as above These kind of updates would make me love Constant Contact more than I already do. Just a thought.

I created another user, but I can't seem to find anywhere how to restrict or assign roles and permissions to these users.
All Star
I don't see where one can add roles/permissions. The new user can do everything the primary user can do. It may be there, but I don't see it.
Occasional Visitor
I thought multiuser accounts were supposed to have different levels of permissions. Is that functionality coming later?
All Star
Can we have a user only work select folders only?
Developer
Would be great to be able to limit user access to different areas of the system (so some users could manage contact lists but not create/send emails, some users could create emails but not send, some users could create/send emails but not access contact lists...) Thanks!
Visitor

I came here, specifically looking for a way to have levels of access, at least two or three. 

So, I completely agree with the post.

As a minimum...

1.  A level to create and publish an email.

2.  A level to view, add, delete Contacts

Occasional Visitor
Would like to be able to restrict what additional users can do. For example, I would like for a member of my staff (or a volunteer) to be able to enter new contacts into list without having ability to delete contacts (concerned about accidental deletings) or send out emails.
Occasional Visitor

need permissions levels who can see the list , delete/update the contacts, permissions for designers who can just design the template without seeing it

Occasional Visitor

THIS FEATURE AS PER ME IS LONG PENDING FROM CONSTANT CONTACT. I ALSO THINK THAT ADMIN SHOULD HAVE CONTROL TO ASSIGN LISTS TO SPECIFIC USER AND ALSO VARIOUS RIGHTS OF EDITING/DELETING THE VARIOUS FUNCTIONALITIES CURRENTLY AVALIABLE

Constant Contact,

First, let me say this is a great addition and I am looking forward to seeing it continue to evolve and improve over time.  I think it is clear by now that a lot of us want to control permissions/access for different users.  Just want to say that one specific area of permissions we would really like to have control over is mailing lists - i.e. set for each user which mailing lists they have access to and can modify, send email to, etc.  We would like to allow users in our organization to develop and use mailing lists for their individual projects, but not have access to any other lists or all our contacts a whole.  Hope that's one of the customizations in the works - thanks!

All Star
on how to limit a user to certain features only?
Occasional Visitor
I want the user I added to only be able to access certain contact lists and not others...is this a feature? Otherwise, the feature is not useful to me. I want her to be able to access our students and NOT our media and event clients.
All Star
Also, its difficult to find the links to add/administer users
In my case, I would like to restrict the access to statistics view.... Would this be possible in the future?
Thanks for sharing this feedback. Stay tuned for more permissions in the future!
Hi Jason, At this time there is not a way to customize the permissions for each user but this is coming soon! The user now won't be able to add or delete products, see billing information or cancel the account. What would you like to be able to control?
Great idea, Bill! Stay tuned for future updates.
Thanks for sharing this feedback, Pam!
I would like our sales people to access the reports on the email campaigns, but I do not want them able to change the templates or send out emails. Please give the option to restrict permission all but reports. Thanks!
Suggestion: multi-users only have access to the emails THEY create. We have 5-6 using our account and email templates have been lost, and I believe it was probably a mistake but there seems to be "a lot of cooks in the kitchen". We are a church so each ministry area does their own emails, if we were able to allow each user only access to their stuff I think that would help with items being deleted and keep the account a bit neater looking. Just a suggestion
Occasional Visitor

Yes, this is of most importance......to limit a new user to create email campaigns only but not to send them.

Occasional Visitor
I'm not sure what the advantage of adding more users is - I don't see many options for limiting the capabilities of the users I add. I'd like to be able to allow some users to create emails and some not have that capability. I'd like to allow some users to send emails but not others. I'd like to allow some to add contact lists but not others. Right now I can't see any reason to add users other than to keep them from being able to change our billing info. Maybe I'm missing something.
How do I limit additional user permissions? i.e. allow to add contacts, but not edit or delete contacts. allow to save campaigns as a new name, NOT edit existing.
Occasional Visitor
would like to have more control over user roles and permissions. Thanks
Frequent Visitor
when this will be set up?

HI CuencaCigars

Unfortunately I don't have an exact timeframe to share but this is something we are working on for the near future. We will share more as soon as we can!

Thanks!

It would be good if we could restrict additional users from adding additional email as a contact email for the organization
Occasional Visitor
I would like to limit there use. Not be able to see account info and other more sensitive stuff. Big item is that they can send to certain lists only. So I would edit what lists. They can add and remove people to tjere lists. Would like abilty to limit them from sending the email. So admin one approves prior to it sending.
Occasional Visitor
I was very excited about multi user unilt I learned that there are currently no user restrictions. I really would like to see certain users have access to only certain contact lists. PLEASE! Thanks for listening.
help! I need my PR firm to use this account but I don't want them to be able to pirate my contacts.
Occasional Visitor
I need to be able to give certain permissions to the users. I want to give some of our employees access, but I don't want them to be able to send out surveys or I want to limit the template they can use, etc.
Established Member
If all users can see and change each others' work, what is the point in assigning them separate accounts?

It would really help to be able to assign specific Contact Lists to certain users... In other words, if we have a Marketing list, a Membership list, and a special events list, I'd like to allow certain users to access (send to) only their specific list(s).

All Star

I would like to be able to control the contact lists one can use and the draft emails one can edit.

All Star
Multi Users are a good idea, but there needs to be a way to control what each user has access to. Maybe something as simple as each user can only access their own emails.
Please add permissions so certain users can only edit/build the templates and cannot send the actual email blast. Thanks!