cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

411 Comments
Status changed to: New

Hi John,

Great feedback, thanks for taking the time to provide so much detail! More specific permissions are coming in the future. Although I can't promise an exact time-frame we realize the importance of this control from the admin side.

The company name is an interesting idea, do you have a specific situation where the sub-user would need this information? You can deactivate any users that are no longer needing the account.

As far as the API, we don't have a specific FAQ yet but the only user who will have access to set up an API is the Account Owner. When an account user logs in it should populate the name given when setting up the account, not the name of the account owner. Can you try updating this information from "My Account" and then testing it out for me?

Thanks again for all the detail. Stay tuned for even more updates in the future!

Frequent Visitor

The idea is good and I like seeing the progress, but there are issues with functionality and broken links.  

Broken links are on the page confirming the addition of a new user where it says click here to return to my accounts and the same for the change in password confimation page.

I agree with much of what other users have said re: permission levels, etc.

I'd like to also be able to manage multiple accounts from a single log-in.

Visitor

I agree with everyone else regarding Roles and Permissions.  That's what I was expecting to see but as it turns out it only limits access to billing and 'buying' products.  I would also like to see limiting access to 'Trial' products .

I'll let my votes speak for the rest. :smileyhappy:

Keep up the good work! This is a great start and if the comments here are implemented it can only get better!

Hi Tera,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the links, can you tell me what page you are on when you click these? As far as the password, after you make an update you should see a link at the top of the page that says "Successfully updated. Click here to return to Account Users", is this the link you are clicking? Thanks for the feedback on more permissions, those are coming in the future!

I agree as well. I would like to control which features users have access to i.e. if i only want them to see content in the survey tab, that should be the only thing they should have access to.

Moreover, I would like to set permissions on which contact lists they would have access to.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, that's the link that didn't work -- FYI -- I'm on a Mac, using Safari (sometimes that makes a difference).

I attempted to add two new users to recreate the page I got the first time, and it just didn't come up.  Once a new user was added, it just took me back to the manage users page (no confirmation message or message about getting back to the My Accounts page).

Thanks for the detail. We aren't able to recreate this on our end in Safari. Do you have another browser you could test this in? If not, can you make sure Safari is optimized for Constant Contact using this FAQ.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi Travis,

Thanks for all of your feedback! More permissions are coming in the next couple of months so please continue to share your ideas with us. Great point about the password too, coming soon you will be able to ask the account user to update their password directly.

Thanks again!