cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want users to have different permissions

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

356 Comments
It would be nice if we can specify which user has access to which email lists. Sometimes there is need to give a new user access to only one or two email lists but we cannot do that right now.

Thanks for posting this feedback! We've been looking into what permissions people are looking for to implement in the future!

Occasional Visitor
Is there a way to control to functions of an additional user? I would like to lock the details of the contact list. Hence, this will allow the user to select contacts to whom an email is to be sent but the user cannot see or copy the list.
Visitor

I agree with aacentral--there's no point in seperate users for us, if the users cannot customize their email's look.  We are currently changing the signature and style of every email we send because each is coming from a different department.  Then, when the results come in, we must forward them from department to department so that the appropriate person gets the information.

Frequent Visitor
It would be a great benefit to manage individual user permissions to give specific users permissions to send to specific lists.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

All Star
Is there a way to assign roles and/or permissions to different areas of the account?
The different users should not be able to access each other's email lists without permission. For example, User1 should not be able to use a list created by User2 unless User1 has given access to User2.
Visitor
I really need the ability to have multiple users create emails but only have access to specific users. Right now, I have employees scattered around the globe. WE need to be able to distinguish by user who can see whom and send emails to their authorize users only, not all users.
Some levels of access for users would be nice. Be able to limit access ability and to create, delete, edit etc.

Thanks for posting this feedback! What types of permissions would you like to be able to control?

We have two communications coordinators and multiple administrative staff members. We would like to give the admin staff a login to CC, but limit them to just using the templates, fonts, colors, etc. that we specify.

I keep bring asked if Constant Contact can assign permission to view/use certain email lists to individual users. For example: User A can see and use email lists 1, 2 and 5, but not 3, 4 and 6. User B can see and use email lists 3, 4, 5 and 6, but not 1 and 2. User C can see and use email lists 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, but not 6. I see a good side to this from a privacy and responsibility standpoint, but from an administrative standpoint, it could become a bear to maintain.

Please create a way to have one Administrator on the account and then the "users" have rights only to emails they are creating and not to everyone else's emails/contacts.
Occasional Contributor
can see survey results only

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Frequent Visitor
When adding new users, it would be greatly appreciated that we could give / remove certain permissions to different users. I.e. A user who could only view the email reports, but cannot send any emails.

It is really important to have the ability to limit access to view the list's email adresses for non-admin account that are only supposed to send campaign and view stats.
Frequent Visitor
For a company of any size, there is a need for users to author/edit emails, look at reports, etc. However, you do not want these people to have access to contact lists, which are a valuable proprietary asset. This is particularly true when employing marketing consultants.
It would be helpful to place access rights on additional users. For instance, allowing a user to only access certain templates.

Great feedback, thanks for posting!

Thanks for posting! We're working on more permissions for the future so this is good feedback. 

Really need a way to give access to Survey results without exposing my whole customer database (can you say DUH!)

Also would like a role called editor that can create e-mails but cannot view or export e-mail list.

And finally if wanted to make a complete well rounded feature set you would have , read, write, export permissions for each list.

Thanks

Team - this has meant to have been underworks last year and still no permissions on user accounts? You are going to loose us soon if this isn't implemented :S

Occasional Visitor
I just recently added a user to our account. I would have felt better about giving her the access if there were means by which I could prohibit her access to the emails. As a non-profit we need to maintain our promise that we will maintain the integrity of our database. Please consider added this security level.
It would be great if we could restrict permissions by user for specific lists and folders..... Thanks!
Regular Visitor
It would be great to be able to add another user to my account BUT limit what they can access--such as not able to copy/delete/change database or maybe even not "send" emails. Just being safe. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

I'd like to know if you can when adding a second user, select the lists that user can view from the "master account." In my case, **Removed By Moderator** has added **Removed By Moderator**. We'd like them to only be able to view a few lists for privacy reasons. I can't imagine other users would not want similar functionality... can you advise of your ability to adapt to this change? **Removed By Moderator**

Regular Visitor
Is there any way to grant additional users access to only certain contacts or contact lists? Our contact list was compromised and we want to ensure that it does not happen again. We worked hard to build our subscriber base and now feel violated. We would like to stay with Constant Contact, but need to protect our contacts more securely in the future.
Visitor
We employ third parties to develop website and media for us which syncs to our Constant Contact... we need these roles and permissions as soon as possible so that we can restrict users from accidentally deleting any contacts.
It is pointless to allow multiple users simultaneously if only one of the users' work will be saved. We have an off-site person who works on our newsletter and if she and I happen to be making changes and updates to the same email, at the same time, not all changes are saved. There is currently no way for either of us to know that the other is working on the same document at the same time and therefore, wasting our time. It would be infinitely helpful if CC could have a pop-up window or message that informed users if more than one person was logged in and/or working on the same email and advise/warn that changes could be lost. Thanks!
Solution Provider
Having an additional user is very helpful - but I think there is too much access to the settings. The additional user should NOT be allowed to change global settings or verify another email address.
Visitor
I do not want my users to be able to delete contacts. Just think if you have a disgruntle employee they could delete your entire database. Not cool at all....
I just started testing the product and could not find where to manage permissions to additional users. If the is none, I think you should build permissions for users which are not the account owner. Permissions to select from such as Add, Delete, Modify, View Only, etc for contacts. That way people in the field can access to view but not delete if you don't allow them to, etc.
Regular Visitor
Frequently a company needs to allow artists, designers and advertising companies access to their constant contact. It would be helpful to have security levels so that emails are protected and everyone working on your constant contact emails don't have access to your list.
Occasional Visitor
Then the admin could assign different parameters to each user depending on their use.
Admin Campaign Manager Analyst

Thanks for sharing this feedback! More specific roles are ocming to MultiUser very soon, stay tuned!

I want to have the rest of our staff download the Toolkit app so they have full access to view contacts on the go but I don't want half of those people to be able to schedule email broadcasts to send. And only a few should have permissions to edit contacts. Can we have permission levels for "read only" and then "contact editor" and "email editor"? It would be a really big bonus if the "email editor" role only allowed you to schedule email messages that YOU created so you couldn't accidentally send something out that another staff member was working on.
Hello- Obviously, an amassed e-mail list is one of the most important assets of a business. Is there any way to have a user have limited access so they could work on the graphics for e-mail marketing for my business but not have access or be able to download/steal my contact list?
Our company has multiple locations and we would like individuals at each location to participate in their email marketing. We want to have one account where we can create primary campaigns, but then allow the locations to personalize details for their location. As part of that, we would love to be able to restrict access to folders and contact lists per location. We often share the general campaign content across all locations so would want an admin level user to be able to create and copy campaigns into different folders (for different user access). Then each location could access/edit only the campaigns for their location as well as their contact lists.
I think you should make it possible for each user in a group have the ability to make their own lists separate and not visible to the group list to mail to- so if someone wants to opt out of a newsletter they don't see multiple lists. We have a group of 3 self-employed people branding under the same name and want to personalize each newsletter to fit our practice but if someone would want to opt out of the newsletter it would show 3 different newsletters to opt out of when they are only associated with one.

HI @LaurenK7995

It sounds like having multiple sign up forms set up would work for you. You can set up multiple forms, each with their own lists associated for each group to use independently. In the account click Contacts > Sign Up Tools and then "Create a Sign-Up Form".

Under "Select Email Lists" you will want to select only the lists you want to display on this specific form. If you want all the contacts signing up from this form to be saved on one specific list you can just check on list and it will not show on the form. 

On important note on this process, there is only one welcome email in the account. You will want to either make this generic or turn it off completely.

Visitor
For many of us, our email contacts are the life blood of our business. That said, I was hoping that Constant Contact would create sub accounts. A sub account would offer option where I could specify rights to my mailing lists. For instance I would like to have the option to not show a lower level employee the email addresses in my mailing list, rather only allow him to send out emails to the groups I specify. 10 year subscriber and supporter of Constant Contact.
Really need to have the ability for non-power users to view/edit specific events or lists, without visibility to other events/lists.....i.e. for different companies, clubs, etc.
Occasional Contributor
I have staff that work on a specific event or specific emails. It would help to set individual permissions so that these staff people DO NOT HAVE ACCESS to everything in the CC account. I realize they don't have access to security and billing, etc., but they do have access to ALL email addresses (which are suppose to be carefully guarded against mishandling), all past emails and events (which may be none of their business, etc.). I would like there to be variable levels of permission to people that I give a login/password to for a very specific purpose during a very specific timeframe.