We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Want users to have different permissions

Great job in enabling multiple user to access our accounts. I would like to suggest another way to improve the upcoming system.

Grant Levels of Access - As of right now anyone has an account can basically access everything.

May I suggest creating a tiered access level or something in that area. For example, our Marketing Department only wants to see reports. I don't want for them to have to be able to have access to manipulate layouts and designs we have in draft mode or modify our contact list.

Google Analytics have the abitility for people to grant access to Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate and Read and Analyze.

Something like this would definitely enhance your system.

374 Comments
MichelleMit
Regular Participant
I would like to see it set up so we can assign various options per user. Maybe have options and we will click on the ones that need to be afforded to each user. Examples: edit contacts send campaigns create campaigns view survey results This is a much needed update!
Lucas_D
Employee

Hi @MichelleMit,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. That is a great suggestion! I have tracked this request to your account to notify our developers regarding the feature. Our developers appreciate the feedback and are always working hard to improve our customer's experience, so please feel free to reach out to us with any suggestions and feedback. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

MichelleMit
Regular Participant
I would like to see Account Owners have the ability to better define the account access of each user. Suggested list of options: create campaign, create survey, view only mode, view survey results, send campaigns, send campaigns that you create, view contacts, edit contacts I'm sure you all have better ideas and better wording but this will hopefully give you a good idea of the needs.
MichelleMit
Regular Participant
I neeeeeeed more flexibility in the account user roles. I want to have a checklist so I can choose what access each user is granted or denied. Things like: create campaigns only, only see campaigns they create, see contacts, edit contacts, send campaigns, etc......
TaneshaR
Participant
Please consider to add more capability to a Campaign Manager. I'd like them to be able to create AND send/schedule their campaigns but DO NOT want them to have delete capability. Giving them Account Manager status allows them to send/schedule campaigns but provides delete capability which everyone should not have. Please advise.
NPNA
Frequent Participant

It would be helpful to have a new role or to expand the Campaign Creator role, so that person could create and download event rsvp reports for an event, as well as create and edit the event.

PaulaC62
Participant
I would like to suggest additional user roles. I am the account Manager, but would like to allow my front desk staff to enter and update contacts, but not have the ability to send out correspondence. Is it possible to recreate a role that is more of support and limited access to other information and functions
CristianR50
Participant
we like to have more customization on the Manager Role especially they cant EXPORT the Contacts
Candace_M
Employee

Hello @CristianR50,

Thank you for sharing this with us! Would you still want the user to be able to access contacts and manage them? Is the only thing you would want to restrict is the fact that an Account Manager can export contacts? 

Candace_M
Employee

Response from @CristianR50,

No. There really needs to be a separate role all together that provides
view access to events/emails, etc. and allows download of registration
reports for events. Here's the thought process. We are an event driven
organization. As the admin, I do not want anyone but the folks I think
will understand how to use the program having access to be able to create
anything. However, since we are creating events/registration pages/emails,
etc. for the event planner, it would be nice to be able to do so and then
allow the event planner to go into Constant Contact to view/approve what is
created and then be able to run their own reports on registrants once the
event is live.

ConorCahill
Participant

It doesn't make sense for a user to have permission to create a survey but not be able to view the results. Please upgrade the Campaign Creator user profile to include the ability to view survey results.

ToniT197
Participant

Doesn't look like much has changed since this posts from several years ago.

Is CC considering adding any additional levels?   I'd like to give people option to access different functions depending on their role.

For instance, our admin person might need access to edit/delete/change contacts but not have access to the campaigns.  Someone else might need access to contacts and create and edit only the campaigns they edit, but not have access to our overall account (which includes all payment info, etc.).

Please????

Thanks,

Ton

ToniT197
Participant

Not sure how to add this to my previous comment.

One other feature that would be really handy is to assign access in the contact module to partcular lists. For instance, we work with a communications/media consultant. I want them to have access to the contacts on our media list but not ALL of our contacts.

Toni

FOCUS_NA
Participant
First off - I love to see that you have added a social media component. I'm about to test it out but see the great potential of having one place to deal with all digital communications! I'd be interested in seeing Constant Contact updating to include more sophisticated user management options. We are a national nonprofit with multiple centers across the country. I work at the national office, and think it would be great to be able to assign users (other staff and volunteers across the country) to specific campaign folders, contact lists, social media profiles, etc that pertain to their specific area. Thanks for your time! If you'd like to talk more about this idea you can email me at sarnold@focusna.org Best, Sarah
CaitlinW00
Occasional Participant
It would be nice to have a 3rd level that only has access to the CRM, to add, change tags, leave notes, update info, but not delete
CaitlinW00
Occasional Participant

This thread goes back 7 years!!  two auth levels are not enough,  I agree there needs to be a 3rd as CaitlinW00 states "access to the CRM, to add, change tags, leave notes, update info, but not delete"  Right now I have 9 people with full access to the system just because I need them to be able to edit and add to the CRM.

RachelB769
Participant
I had a phone conference where I specifically asked if users could be added that could manage their own lists without the content/contacts being exposed to others. We work with PHI and cannot see each others client lists. My list is now seen by the 2 other users I've added and I'm freaking out!
Frankie_P

Hi @RachelB769 at this time only users in the campaign creator role are unable to view contact lists in an account. However they are unable to view all contact lists, not just specific lists. Having the ability to have aditional user permissions like this is a great feature request. I have merged your post into a larger thread on this topic.

KLNB
Regular Participant

Campaign creators should be able to send, schedule, publish campaigns!

My team needs to have a user that can add/edit/delete contacts, and one that can create/edit/send emails. Our administrative staff manages our contacts, but they do not manage our campaigns. We need another level of user, or more abilities for campaign creators.

JennD319
Consulting & Training
I was very disappointed in the lack of robustness related to setting up Users. Only three types are available, and provide no granular selection of capability. For example, I would have loved being able to define different Account Managers having a variety of allowances - one can create and publish, while another can create, delete, and publish. Given the new world realities, we are hiring third-parties to maintain our programs, and they do not need to be able to delete our contact or our mailing lists. Nor do they need to be able to see our billing details. This is TMI for outsourced companies. I hope this makes sense, and is considered a reasonable expectation in 2021.
WUCNetwork
Regular Participant
I want to give access only to pull analytics.
Frankie_P

Hi @WUCNetwork at this time we do not offer a user profile that only has the ability to pull analytics from your account. We have however merged your post into a larger thread focused on wanting additional types of user roles.

LChadroff
Consulting & Training

I'm an owner of a business and owner of the constant account...I only wanted to add an admin as a user in constant so he can add contacts when we get new clients...its an admin task ....but i didn't necessarily want him to have access to campaigns ...so i don't like that you don't have that option. i just made him a mgr w access to both since its the only way to give him access to contacts.

moonlightb
Participant
Account Manager should not have the privileges to see anything relating to billing/payment. Right now the role of Account Manager seems to close to Account Owner. Is it possible to update the Account Manager to not view billing activity and account settings. Reports are fine. But anything really dealing with the account settings and billing/payment should only be for Account owner.
What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More