The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

404 Error When Using C# .NET API

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

404 Error When Using C# .NET API

Hi, we have just started to receive 404 server response when using the API.

The URL that triggers the 404 response is https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/username/lists/

Where the user name is the valid username fro the account.

Did something change in the API specification?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

The 404 error is due to the

The 404 error is due to the ending / at the end of your URI.  There is no lists service document so that resource would not be found.  By removing the ending /, you should instead receive the first 50 lists in your account.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Even without the ending / I

Even without the ending / I still get 404 response.

Our API integration has worked fine for the last few months and just started throwing 404 errors and we have not updated anything in days. That tells me the REST has changed.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Here is update if it will

Here is update if it will help find the problems.

I have downloaded the latest example from http://developer.constantcontact.com/sites/default/files/NET_ASP%20Upload%20Forms_1.zip

Updated the APIKey, username, password as the ones I use and know they are valid since I use them to login all the time.

I get 404 error in the sample application as well.

Thanks

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

OK, I guess somehow the API

OK, I guess somehow the API magicly fixed itself. Once again it is working as before without anything new from our end.

Whatever you guy did to fix the previously introduced problem, thank you.

Highlighted

Hi Kris,   We did have a

Hi Kris,

We did have a problem on the 23rd for a short period of time where some users (mostly usernames with @ symbols in the name) experienced sporadic 404 errors where they should not.  This may have affected you.  At this point, you should not see any more of this issue.

Dave Berard
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

I'm getting this same error having just downloaded the C# sample and changing the credentials. I can list contacts no problem, but as soon as I add one, this error occurs.

TriSys Business Software

Cambridge, United Kingdom

www.trisys.co.uk

Highlighted

The posts on this forum were

The posts on this forum were regarding a 404 page not found error which was seen during a 2 hour window in April where one of our API servers was having some issues.  A 400 error generally indicates that some of the information you are sending is incorrect.  This can be a number of validation problems, we would need to see the XML of your request in order to provide you with a more insightful response.

Dave Berard
Highlighted

The posts on this forum were

The posts on this forum were regarding a 404 page not found error which was seen during a 2 hour window in April where one of our API servers was having some issues.  A 400 error generally indicates that some of the information you are sending is incorrect.  This can be a number of validation problems, we would need to see the XML of your request in order to provide you with a more insightful response.

Dave Berard
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured