After rereading the authentication workflow I discovered my error. While in parts of the documentation describes "scope" as optional, it is now required for the token request. Without Scope I was receiving a valid token, but it did not provide access for any data (scope).
Previously we only had endpoints for contacts. We recently released new endpoints for email campaigns. Since that release the scopes moved from optional to required. The release notes mention the new scope, but it does not mention they are now required. We'll work towards making our notes better going forward.
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-8pm ET, & Sun 10am-6pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!