The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Account Authentication failed for C#

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Account Authentication failed for C#

I am doing the following but I keep getting Account Authentication failed.

I just place xxxx's in as placeholders but I put in the real data in my code.

Is there something you have to do on your end to enable me.

Thanks

string _apiKey = "xxxxxx";

string _userName = "xxxxxx";

string _password = "xxxx";

AuthenticationData authdata = new AuthenticationData( _apiKey, _userName, _password );

Utility.IsValidUserAuthentication( authdata );

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Account Authentication failed for C#

Hello Stacy,

I have done some investigating to see if your application was able to connect to Constant Contact correctly and I did find that your requests were being sent successfully and being denied because of incorrect login credentials.  You will want to make doubly sure that API key and password are both typed correctly. The specific error that was coming back to you is a HTTP 401 error which is what is returned when the UN/Pass do not match your Constant Contact account.

If you are still having difficulty after verifying that your login information and API key are correct, I would suggest contacting us at webservices@constantcontact.com so that we can investigate your code in more detail without making those details public.

Sincerely,

Elijah G.

Tier 2 Support

Elijah G.
API Support Engineer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Account Authentication failed for C#

Thanks I will email them the issue.

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured