Account authentication failed (Csharp)

DavidY559
Rookie
0 Votes

I have a legacy integration that works for some clients but not all clients.  This one client recently changed their password and we are now receiving a ConstantContactUtility.ConstantAuthenticationException Message "Account authentication failed"

Client has verified that the username and password is valid as they are able to log into constant contact with these credentials.

Other clients running the same software build are able to authenticate.

3 REPLIES 3
GlendaK
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I am having this same problem using Jotform. Jotform integrates with many applications including constant contact.  You can select the list you want the email and name/address applied to. This used to work for me 2019 through 2020 but then Constant Contact made me change my password and userid. Which messed up everything. And all I get from Constant Contact is I need to use Zapier to integrate. Well that is not what Jotform tells me and I've never used Zapier to integrate. Anyone else solved this problem?  Thanks. 

Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

In addition to the information in my other reply on this post, you can find support specifically for Jotform’s Integration here:
https://www.jotform.com/help/386-how-to-integrate-form-with-constant-contact

JotForm Support:
https://www.jotform.com/contact

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Some applications built using the legacy V1 API use the Constant Contact username and password to authenticate the account when making a connection. In order to fix the connection, you would need to update the password on file within the integration, or disconnect the integration and then reconnect it using the new credentials. If you have already done this and it is still not connecting, we can check the account on our end to see if there is anything else preventing the connection.

That said, our V1 API has not been officially supported for some time. We strongly recommend converting your integration to use our current (V3) API as soon as possible. Documentation for the V3 API can be found here: https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/index.html 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.