The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Attempting to build proof of concept using Coldfusion sample code - getting 401 authentication error

Highlighted

Attempting to build proof of concept using Coldfusion sample code - getting 401 authentication error

I've set up the sample ColdFusion code, and fixed the function calls which throw errors on ColdFusion 8. When I try to click on the Add a New Contact , I get the following error:

HTTP Status 401 - No AuthenticationProvider found for org.springframework.security.providers.UsernamePasswordAuthenticationToken

Doing some searches online, these types of errors seem to point to bad API key or bad login/password info, but I'm using the info provided by my client's CC rep. I'd prefer to talk to someone in support via phone about resolving this, but nobody at CC will get an engineer on the phone with me.  It's really frustrating to have to resort to the forums for support.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Attempting to build proof of concept using Coldfusion sample

I'd be happy to discuss this with you by phone, but I don't think that I will be able to provide much useful information without taking a look at the modifications that you've made. I've done tests with multiple accounts using the CF library as is, and have not run into a 401 error from any requests.

If you can send an email to our webservices support team I would be happy to take a look at this. Also, if you'd like to include your phone number in the email, I can certainly give you a call back once I've had a chance to do some testing.

I also wanted to let you know that we are in the process of re-working the current library to be ColdFusion 8 Compatible, along with a few other performance improvements, but I do not have an ETA of when that will be completed.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this.

David J

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured