The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Cannot Access contact information from a co-managed account

Highlighted
Solution Provider

Cannot Access contact information from a co-managed account

I can access information from our partner account but when I try to access contact information from a co-managed account I cannot find the contact.

I use the same api key and password. Do I need to specify the company name in the string after /customers/?

What am I doing wrong?

LoginCredentials.Add(

new Uri("https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/" + myUsername), "Basic", new NetworkCredential(APIKey + "%" + myUsername, myPassword));

Gary Cawley

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

In order to access a managed

In order to access a managed account through the REST API, you would need to use the username and password for each of those accounts.  What many of our business partners do for their integration is provide a prompt for the individual account users to enter their credentials and save that for future use. 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Does this include co-managed accounts as well?

Does this include co-managed accounts as well?

Do I need to have these accounts under co-managed or managed? Or will we have access to any CC account if the user enter the username and password?

Gary Cawley

Highlighted

This is true for all Constant

This is true for all Constant Contact accounts, the REST API requires the actual Username and Password for the account being accessed in order to allow access to the resources.  Partner Username/Passwords are not needed at all for the REST API access.

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured