cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500: SRVE0207E: Uncaught initialization exception thrown by servlet

Participant

We're seeing the following error with our REST API integration when we try to retrieve (GET) an existing contact or contact list. We've had our integration running smoothly for months and this problem just started happening, and it appears to be across all of our sites that use the integration. I'm guessing that either you guys are experiencing a problem or there was a breaking change within the past few days to the API.

Aaron
3 REPLIES

RE: Error 500: SRVE0207E: Uncaught initialization exception thro

Hi Aaron,

By any chance are you using OAuth for you Authentication type? If not, can you post your code you use to populate your request and set up the authentication header.
Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Participant

Thanks for your response,

Thanks for your response, Dave. As it turns out, the problem was something completely different. Then, when I was testing, it looks like Google Chrome doesn't play well with the API URL's. That's actually where I was getting the error message I posted above. Anyway, it looks like a false alarm. Sorry!

Aaron

RE: Error 500

Hi Aaron,

After looking into this more this was actually a problem on our end. You should be able to use Google Chrome going forward and I believe that due to a cookie issue you just happened to see the problem in Chrome but not other browsers (we have multiple API servers which can cause that type of behavior sometimes).

We have cleared these issues up as of about 5 minutes ago. Let me know if you see any further problems.
Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!