The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

HTTPS Simple link not working

Highlighted

HTTPS Simple link not working

I'm having the same problems alot of other people are having...connecting issues with the HTTPS migrate.

I've done some testing and came to this.  I should be able to simply put  - https://api.constantcontact.com/ws/customers/user_name/lists -

in my Firefox browser and when the username / password comes up, use the username and password I used in the contact.php script. Then it shuold connect and give me something, right? 

what is does give me is - Error 401: Error reported: 401 -

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Joe

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee

You are receiving a 401 error

You are receiving a 401 error due to an authentication failure. You want to make sure that for the username field you are inputting your API key and username separated by a '%'. EX: fb01f979-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXabcd1212%joesflowers

Once you have the correct login information you should be able to retrieve collection information from the URI.

Dan H

Support Engineer, Constant Contact

Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured