cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Programmatic Access to v3 API without web sign in

Highlighted
All Star

Programmatic Access to v3 API without web sign in

I'm looking to write a script to automate a few tasks with just a single connection with no user interaction.

I can generate the authorization url, and when I do Postman does show me the CC login prompt. However, I don't want to have to log in via a web page to grant access each time I run this script. I know with the v2 API there was a way to just use the access token given through the site along with the client id and secret, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that in v3. I am fine even with having to use my user credentials to log in somewhere if I knew how to push those credentials within the script to receive the proper authorization code back. It doesn't make sense to try to generate a refresh token as I would have to store the new one somewhere each time I run this script (either scheduled or manually).

I thought it made more sense to do this with v3, since I assume that v2 will be deprecated at some point but otherwise this seems like it is more trouble than it's worth. I also don't understand why there is not a flow for this as it seems like a rather common thing to need to access the endpoints programmatically without needing a web interface.

Tags (1)